Feb 21, 2011, 11:36 PM EST
Even though Matt Duchene has only missed a week (or two games) of action with what looks like an injured left hand, you can excuse the young Colorado Avalanche forward if he does a double-take when he enters the locker room tomorrow.
After all, Chris Stewart and Kevin Shattenkirk will be on the opposing team’s scouting report as members of the St. Louis Blues while Erik Johnson and Jay McClement will be putting on Avalanche jerseys thanks to that blockbuster trade in the wee hours of Friday night.
Duchene is expected to play in that game Tuesday night, according to the Denver Post. Colorado will love to have him back, as he remains the team’s leading scoring this season with 21 goals and 47 points.
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 2
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 16
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56