Feb 21, 2011, 11:36 PM EDT
Even though Matt Duchene has only missed a week (or two games) of action with what looks like an injured left hand, you can excuse the young Colorado Avalanche forward if he does a double-take when he enters the locker room tomorrow.
After all, Chris Stewart and Kevin Shattenkirk will be on the opposing team’s scouting report as members of the St. Louis Blues while Erik Johnson and Jay McClement will be putting on Avalanche jerseys thanks to that blockbuster trade in the wee hours of Friday night.
Duchene is expected to play in that game Tuesday night, according to the Denver Post. Colorado will love to have him back, as he remains the team’s leading scoring this season with 21 goals and 47 points.
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 0
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 47
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 22
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 17
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 14
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)