Feb 21, 2011, 11:36 PM EST
Even though Matt Duchene has only missed a week (or two games) of action with what looks like an injured left hand, you can excuse the young Colorado Avalanche forward if he does a double-take when he enters the locker room tomorrow.
After all, Chris Stewart and Kevin Shattenkirk will be on the opposing team’s scouting report as members of the St. Louis Blues while Erik Johnson and Jay McClement will be putting on Avalanche jerseys thanks to that blockbuster trade in the wee hours of Friday night.
Duchene is expected to play in that game Tuesday night, according to the Denver Post. Colorado will love to have him back, as he remains the team’s leading scoring this season with 21 goals and 47 points.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 4
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 21
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)