Feb 21, 2011, 11:36 PM EDT
Even though Matt Duchene has only missed a week (or two games) of action with what looks like an injured left hand, you can excuse the young Colorado Avalanche forward if he does a double-take when he enters the locker room tomorrow.
After all, Chris Stewart and Kevin Shattenkirk will be on the opposing team’s scouting report as members of the St. Louis Blues while Erik Johnson and Jay McClement will be putting on Avalanche jerseys thanks to that blockbuster trade in the wee hours of Friday night.
Duchene is expected to play in that game Tuesday night, according to the Denver Post. Colorado will love to have him back, as he remains the team’s leading scoring this season with 21 goals and 47 points.
- Video: Johnny Hockey puts on a show in Flames win 0
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)