Feb 21, 2011, 11:36 PM EDT
Even though Matt Duchene has only missed a week (or two games) of action with what looks like an injured left hand, you can excuse the young Colorado Avalanche forward if he does a double-take when he enters the locker room tomorrow.
After all, Chris Stewart and Kevin Shattenkirk will be on the opposing team’s scouting report as members of the St. Louis Blues while Erik Johnson and Jay McClement will be putting on Avalanche jerseys thanks to that blockbuster trade in the wee hours of Friday night.
Duchene is expected to play in that game Tuesday night, according to the Denver Post. Colorado will love to have him back, as he remains the team’s leading scoring this season with 21 goals and 47 points.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Chara suffers undisclosed issue, won’t return on Thursday 14
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)