Feb 20, 2011, 8:51 PM EDT
(Want a recap of the Chicago Blackhawks’ shootout win against the Pittsburgh Penguins? Check out Joe’s summary of the defending Stanley Cup champions’ win against the franchise who won it all in 2009.)
While Hockey Day in America’s late game was important for both teams, there’s really no doubt that the Blackhawks needed the two points more than the Penguins.
Pittsburgh’s probably pretty happy to come away with a point, but the Blackhawks can breathe a sigh of relief that they didn’t blow a chance to win against a banged-up opponent. This victory moves the Hawks into sole possession of 11th place in the West at 66 points, leaving them only two behind the ridiculous logjam for sixth place.
Two key Hawks discussed the game in videos below: Duncan Keith and Patrick Sharp. This post also includes highlights from players wearing microphones, otherwise known as Sounds of the Game. Enjoy.
Sounds of the Game highlights
Patrick Sharp interview
Duncan Keith interview
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5