Feb 20, 2011, 8:51 PM EDT
(Want a recap of the Chicago Blackhawks’ shootout win against the Pittsburgh Penguins? Check out Joe’s summary of the defending Stanley Cup champions’ win against the franchise who won it all in 2009.)
While Hockey Day in America’s late game was important for both teams, there’s really no doubt that the Blackhawks needed the two points more than the Penguins.
Pittsburgh’s probably pretty happy to come away with a point, but the Blackhawks can breathe a sigh of relief that they didn’t blow a chance to win against a banged-up opponent. This victory moves the Hawks into sole possession of 11th place in the West at 66 points, leaving them only two behind the ridiculous logjam for sixth place.
Two key Hawks discussed the game in videos below: Duncan Keith and Patrick Sharp. This post also includes highlights from players wearing microphones, otherwise known as Sounds of the Game. Enjoy.
Sounds of the Game highlights
Patrick Sharp interview
Duncan Keith interview
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 24
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 91
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 19
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 14
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (91)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)