Feb 20, 2011, 8:51 PM EST
(Want a recap of the Chicago Blackhawks’ shootout win against the Pittsburgh Penguins? Check out Joe’s summary of the defending Stanley Cup champions’ win against the franchise who won it all in 2009.)
While Hockey Day in America’s late game was important for both teams, there’s really no doubt that the Blackhawks needed the two points more than the Penguins.
Pittsburgh’s probably pretty happy to come away with a point, but the Blackhawks can breathe a sigh of relief that they didn’t blow a chance to win against a banged-up opponent. This victory moves the Hawks into sole possession of 11th place in the West at 66 points, leaving them only two behind the ridiculous logjam for sixth place.
Two key Hawks discussed the game in videos below: Duncan Keith and Patrick Sharp. This post also includes highlights from players wearing microphones, otherwise known as Sounds of the Game. Enjoy.
Sounds of the Game highlights
Patrick Sharp interview
Duncan Keith interview
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 19
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11