Feb 20, 2011, 8:51 PM EDT
(Want a recap of the Chicago Blackhawks’ shootout win against the Pittsburgh Penguins? Check out Joe’s summary of the defending Stanley Cup champions’ win against the franchise who won it all in 2009.)
While Hockey Day in America’s late game was important for both teams, there’s really no doubt that the Blackhawks needed the two points more than the Penguins.
Pittsburgh’s probably pretty happy to come away with a point, but the Blackhawks can breathe a sigh of relief that they didn’t blow a chance to win against a banged-up opponent. This victory moves the Hawks into sole possession of 11th place in the West at 66 points, leaving them only two behind the ridiculous logjam for sixth place.
Two key Hawks discussed the game in videos below: Duncan Keith and Patrick Sharp. This post also includes highlights from players wearing microphones, otherwise known as Sounds of the Game. Enjoy.
Sounds of the Game highlights
Patrick Sharp interview
Duncan Keith interview
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 54
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 21
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 22
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- LIVE: Stanley Cup Final Game 4 pregame show
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming