Feb 20, 2011, 8:51 PM EDT
(Want a recap of the Chicago Blackhawks’ shootout win against the Pittsburgh Penguins? Check out Joe’s summary of the defending Stanley Cup champions’ win against the franchise who won it all in 2009.)
While Hockey Day in America’s late game was important for both teams, there’s really no doubt that the Blackhawks needed the two points more than the Penguins.
Pittsburgh’s probably pretty happy to come away with a point, but the Blackhawks can breathe a sigh of relief that they didn’t blow a chance to win against a banged-up opponent. This victory moves the Hawks into sole possession of 11th place in the West at 66 points, leaving them only two behind the ridiculous logjam for sixth place.
Two key Hawks discussed the game in videos below: Duncan Keith and Patrick Sharp. This post also includes highlights from players wearing microphones, otherwise known as Sounds of the Game. Enjoy.
Sounds of the Game highlights
Patrick Sharp interview
Duncan Keith interview
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 65
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)