Feb 20, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
We here at Pro Hockey Talk would like to thank both Curtis McElhinney and Timo Pielmeier for making our job easier. When looking for the Goal of the Night, we’ll scour all of the big saves by each and every team on any given night. Thanks to the Ducks netminders on Saturday night, we didn’t have quite as many saves to review as usual. So Ducks goalies, we salute you!
A man who made plenty of saves was Craig Anderson. In his first start as an Ottawa Senator, he stopped all 47 shots fired by the rival Maple Leafs including 3 stops in the shootout. But no save was bigger (or more spectacular) than Anderson’s save on Phil Kessel in overtime.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 12
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 16
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 17
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (77)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)