Feb 20, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Saturday’s game couldn’t have started any better for the San Jose Sharks—and it couldn’t have started any worse for the Colorado Avalanche. Sharks winger Devin Setoguchi received an outlet pass at the blueline, split three Avalanche defenders and beat Peter Budaj with a quick move to the backhand. As if a goal 6:30 into the game wasn’t enough, Setoguchi blew by newly acquired Avalanche defenseman Erik Johnson.
Probably not the type of start Johnson or the Avalanche had in mind. As if that wasn’t enough, Setoguchi buried 2 more goals for his first career hat trick. Way to steal some of the spotlight from Taylor Hall.
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 0
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 12
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 35
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 67
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 5
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 46
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 28
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte