Feb 19, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
With all the trades that have been completed – big and small, logical and bewildering – during the last couple days, it’s easy to forget that actual hockey is taking place too. Not to mention the fact that the hockey has been very competitive to boot.
There were some great goals scored by some big names, but I couldn’t ignore the brilliance of a lesser known player named Matt Calvert. The Columbus Blue Jackets’ 21-year-old forward managed to score a brilliant shorthanded goal after interrupting Duncan Keith at the blueline and then exhibited enough strength and puck control to muscle his way past Nick Leddy to score a backhand goal. It’s a true beauty, as you can see below.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 10
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 17
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22