Feb 17, 2011, 7:26 PM EDT
On Sunday March 6 at 12:30 p.m. NBC’s Game of the Week will be between the Philadelphia Flyers and the New York Rangers live from Madison Square Garden in New York City.
The game features the Eastern Conference leading Flyers with captain Mike Richards, defensive beast Chris Pronger, and 2011 All-Stars Claude Giroux and Daniel Briere. They’ll be looking to keep their season rolling along against Marian Gaborik, Ryan Callahan, and Henrik Lundqvist of the Rangers on their home ice.
Last season, these two squared off on the final day of the year to decide who was going to the NHL playoffs. There, the Flyers won in dramatic fashion in the shootout to send the Rangers home for the year while the Flyers rolled through the Eastern Conference playoffs and into the Stanley Cup finals.
While the Flyers lead the way in the conference and in their division, the Rangers have essentially a fully healthy team once again and need to pick up the pace so they’re not caught in the shuffle once again at the bottom of the playoff standings.
As always, we’ll have plenty of coverage of the game here on PHT and will be chatting with you on NHL Extra during the game.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)