Feb 17, 2011, 7:26 PM EST
On Sunday March 6 at 12:30 p.m. NBC’s Game of the Week will be between the Philadelphia Flyers and the New York Rangers live from Madison Square Garden in New York City.
The game features the Eastern Conference leading Flyers with captain Mike Richards, defensive beast Chris Pronger, and 2011 All-Stars Claude Giroux and Daniel Briere. They’ll be looking to keep their season rolling along against Marian Gaborik, Ryan Callahan, and Henrik Lundqvist of the Rangers on their home ice.
Last season, these two squared off on the final day of the year to decide who was going to the NHL playoffs. There, the Flyers won in dramatic fashion in the shootout to send the Rangers home for the year while the Flyers rolled through the Eastern Conference playoffs and into the Stanley Cup finals.
While the Flyers lead the way in the conference and in their division, the Rangers have essentially a fully healthy team once again and need to pick up the pace so they’re not caught in the shuffle once again at the bottom of the playoff standings.
As always, we’ll have plenty of coverage of the game here on PHT and will be chatting with you on NHL Extra during the game.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 8
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 5
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 9
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)