Feb 17, 2011, 7:26 PM EDT
On Sunday March 6 at 12:30 p.m. NBC’s Game of the Week will be between the Philadelphia Flyers and the New York Rangers live from Madison Square Garden in New York City.
The game features the Eastern Conference leading Flyers with captain Mike Richards, defensive beast Chris Pronger, and 2011 All-Stars Claude Giroux and Daniel Briere. They’ll be looking to keep their season rolling along against Marian Gaborik, Ryan Callahan, and Henrik Lundqvist of the Rangers on their home ice.
Last season, these two squared off on the final day of the year to decide who was going to the NHL playoffs. There, the Flyers won in dramatic fashion in the shootout to send the Rangers home for the year while the Flyers rolled through the Eastern Conference playoffs and into the Stanley Cup finals.
While the Flyers lead the way in the conference and in their division, the Rangers have essentially a fully healthy team once again and need to pick up the pace so they’re not caught in the shuffle once again at the bottom of the playoff standings.
As always, we’ll have plenty of coverage of the game here on PHT and will be chatting with you on NHL Extra during the game.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)