Feb 17, 2011, 7:26 PM EDT
On Sunday March 6 at 12:30 p.m. NBC’s Game of the Week will be between the Philadelphia Flyers and the New York Rangers live from Madison Square Garden in New York City.
The game features the Eastern Conference leading Flyers with captain Mike Richards, defensive beast Chris Pronger, and 2011 All-Stars Claude Giroux and Daniel Briere. They’ll be looking to keep their season rolling along against Marian Gaborik, Ryan Callahan, and Henrik Lundqvist of the Rangers on their home ice.
Last season, these two squared off on the final day of the year to decide who was going to the NHL playoffs. There, the Flyers won in dramatic fashion in the shootout to send the Rangers home for the year while the Flyers rolled through the Eastern Conference playoffs and into the Stanley Cup finals.
While the Flyers lead the way in the conference and in their division, the Rangers have essentially a fully healthy team once again and need to pick up the pace so they’re not caught in the shuffle once again at the bottom of the playoff standings.
As always, we’ll have plenty of coverage of the game here on PHT and will be chatting with you on NHL Extra during the game.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5