Feb 17, 2011, 7:26 PM EDT
On Sunday March 6 at 12:30 p.m. NBC’s Game of the Week will be between the Philadelphia Flyers and the New York Rangers live from Madison Square Garden in New York City.
The game features the Eastern Conference leading Flyers with captain Mike Richards, defensive beast Chris Pronger, and 2011 All-Stars Claude Giroux and Daniel Briere. They’ll be looking to keep their season rolling along against Marian Gaborik, Ryan Callahan, and Henrik Lundqvist of the Rangers on their home ice.
Last season, these two squared off on the final day of the year to decide who was going to the NHL playoffs. There, the Flyers won in dramatic fashion in the shootout to send the Rangers home for the year while the Flyers rolled through the Eastern Conference playoffs and into the Stanley Cup finals.
While the Flyers lead the way in the conference and in their division, the Rangers have essentially a fully healthy team once again and need to pick up the pace so they’re not caught in the shuffle once again at the bottom of the playoff standings.
As always, we’ll have plenty of coverage of the game here on PHT and will be chatting with you on NHL Extra during the game.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 22
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 5
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 10
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)