Feb 16, 2011, 2:45 AM EDT
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
It’s good that the Columbus Blue Jackets are having a little pocket of good play, because their schedule could be very tough on them going forward. Three (Los Angeles, Nashville and Phoenix) are red-hot while the other team is hot-and-cold Chicago.
So in other words, allow Steve Mason to bask in his Goal of the Week triumph. It might get a little bumpy for his team pretty soon. Here are the poll results:
Take a look at Mason’s save here.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 5
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12