Feb 16, 2011, 8:39 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs’ goalies keep getting banged up lately. Jonas Gustavsson was already off dealing with his own issues, but now it looks like Jean-Sebastien Giguere might be hobbled as well.
Giguere left the Maple Leafs’ game against the Buffalo Sabres during the first period tonight with what James Mirtle reports might be a lower body injury. The team will re-evaluate Giguere after the game.
Mirtle points out that the Leafs are now down three goalies and might be forced to recall Ben Scrivens from the AHL to act as James Reimer’s backup. Perhaps the silver lining to all this will be that Reimer could get a better audition to prove that he’s worthy of a full-time NHL job next season, though.
We’ll update you about as Giguere’s health as more news comes through. Don’t be surprised if it’s a groin injury, as that ailment sidelined him for 11 games already this season.
- Report: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 4
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 59
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 33
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 56
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 14
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 95
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 30
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save