Feb 16, 2011, 8:39 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs’ goalies keep getting banged up lately. Jonas Gustavsson was already off dealing with his own issues, but now it looks like Jean-Sebastien Giguere might be hobbled as well.
Giguere left the Maple Leafs’ game against the Buffalo Sabres during the first period tonight with what James Mirtle reports might be a lower body injury. The team will re-evaluate Giguere after the game.
Mirtle points out that the Leafs are now down three goalies and might be forced to recall Ben Scrivens from the AHL to act as James Reimer’s backup. Perhaps the silver lining to all this will be that Reimer could get a better audition to prove that he’s worthy of a full-time NHL job next season, though.
We’ll update you about as Giguere’s health as more news comes through. Don’t be surprised if it’s a groin injury, as that ailment sidelined him for 11 games already this season.
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 15
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 12
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)