Feb 15, 2011, 9:26 PM EDT
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
When people look at athletes who stand out as physical marvels in fields full of physical marvels, some of the most captivating examples involve huge players who possess the skills of much smaller counterparts.
People gawked at the size of basketball players such as Yao Ming, Bill Walton and Shaquille O’Neal, yet hardcore fans will likely tell you that their subtler abilities were part of what made them more than just large bodies.
Considering their unusual height, it’s understandable that some compare Tyler Myers to Zdeno Chara. Yet Myers’ game is more about finesse than physical intimidation, at least at this point in his development.
Myers showed that he’s more than just an NBA power forward-sized human on skates last week, scoring a goal on an end-to-end rush that earned him the February 7-13th Goal of the Week. Check out the poll results below.
OK, now watch the goal itself:
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)