Feb 15, 2011, 9:26 PM EDT
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
When people look at athletes who stand out as physical marvels in fields full of physical marvels, some of the most captivating examples involve huge players who possess the skills of much smaller counterparts.
People gawked at the size of basketball players such as Yao Ming, Bill Walton and Shaquille O’Neal, yet hardcore fans will likely tell you that their subtler abilities were part of what made them more than just large bodies.
Considering their unusual height, it’s understandable that some compare Tyler Myers to Zdeno Chara. Yet Myers’ game is more about finesse than physical intimidation, at least at this point in his development.
Myers showed that he’s more than just an NBA power forward-sized human on skates last week, scoring a goal on an end-to-end rush that earned him the February 7-13th Goal of the Week. Check out the poll results below.
OK, now watch the goal itself:
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 28
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 58
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 5
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 46
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 37
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 20
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 21
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte