Feb 15, 2011, 9:26 PM EDT
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
When people look at athletes who stand out as physical marvels in fields full of physical marvels, some of the most captivating examples involve huge players who possess the skills of much smaller counterparts.
People gawked at the size of basketball players such as Yao Ming, Bill Walton and Shaquille O’Neal, yet hardcore fans will likely tell you that their subtler abilities were part of what made them more than just large bodies.
Considering their unusual height, it’s understandable that some compare Tyler Myers to Zdeno Chara. Yet Myers’ game is more about finesse than physical intimidation, at least at this point in his development.
Myers showed that he’s more than just an NBA power forward-sized human on skates last week, scoring a goal on an end-to-end rush that earned him the February 7-13th Goal of the Week. Check out the poll results below.
OK, now watch the goal itself:
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)