Feb 15, 2011, 9:26 PM EST
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
When people look at athletes who stand out as physical marvels in fields full of physical marvels, some of the most captivating examples involve huge players who possess the skills of much smaller counterparts.
People gawked at the size of basketball players such as Yao Ming, Bill Walton and Shaquille O’Neal, yet hardcore fans will likely tell you that their subtler abilities were part of what made them more than just large bodies.
Considering their unusual height, it’s understandable that some compare Tyler Myers to Zdeno Chara. Yet Myers’ game is more about finesse than physical intimidation, at least at this point in his development.
Myers showed that he’s more than just an NBA power forward-sized human on skates last week, scoring a goal on an end-to-end rush that earned him the February 7-13th Goal of the Week. Check out the poll results below.
OK, now watch the goal itself:
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 24
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 54
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 40
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)