Feb 15, 2011, 11:46 AM EST
Clearly Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke’s time spent as the GM of the Ducks years ago was time well spent. Burke used that connection once again today acquiring forward Aaron Voros from Anaheim for a conditional seventh round pick.
Voros started off the season as one of the Ducks fourth line grinders, but after battling injuries and ineffective play he was waived and then sent to the AHL. Voros will head to Toronto of the AHL rather than directly to the Maple Leafs.
In limited duty this year, Voros played 12 games with the Ducks amassing no points and a -4 rating. He also accumulated 43 penalty minutes in that time. I do believe that’s what you’d call “truculence” in Toronto these days.
Burke and Ducks GM Bob Murray worked together already once this year in doing the Francois Beauchemin trade that sent the veteran defenseman back to Anaheim in exchange for Joffrey Lupul, prospect Jake Gardiner and a conditional fourth round pick in 2013. Having a good relationship in the business is certainly helpful and in this case for Burke, it’s helping him find ways to tweak the lineup. Voros is a veteran grinder so if Burke feels like he’s not getting the play he’s looking for out of the likes of Jay Rosehill, Voros can be moved right into that spot.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)