Feb 15, 2011, 11:46 AM EDT
Clearly Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke’s time spent as the GM of the Ducks years ago was time well spent. Burke used that connection once again today acquiring forward Aaron Voros from Anaheim for a conditional seventh round pick.
Voros started off the season as one of the Ducks fourth line grinders, but after battling injuries and ineffective play he was waived and then sent to the AHL. Voros will head to Toronto of the AHL rather than directly to the Maple Leafs.
In limited duty this year, Voros played 12 games with the Ducks amassing no points and a -4 rating. He also accumulated 43 penalty minutes in that time. I do believe that’s what you’d call “truculence” in Toronto these days.
Burke and Ducks GM Bob Murray worked together already once this year in doing the Francois Beauchemin trade that sent the veteran defenseman back to Anaheim in exchange for Joffrey Lupul, prospect Jake Gardiner and a conditional fourth round pick in 2013. Having a good relationship in the business is certainly helpful and in this case for Burke, it’s helping him find ways to tweak the lineup. Voros is a veteran grinder so if Burke feels like he’s not getting the play he’s looking for out of the likes of Jay Rosehill, Voros can be moved right into that spot.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (138)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)