Feb 15, 2011, 11:46 AM EDT
Clearly Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke’s time spent as the GM of the Ducks years ago was time well spent. Burke used that connection once again today acquiring forward Aaron Voros from Anaheim for a conditional seventh round pick.
Voros started off the season as one of the Ducks fourth line grinders, but after battling injuries and ineffective play he was waived and then sent to the AHL. Voros will head to Toronto of the AHL rather than directly to the Maple Leafs.
In limited duty this year, Voros played 12 games with the Ducks amassing no points and a -4 rating. He also accumulated 43 penalty minutes in that time. I do believe that’s what you’d call “truculence” in Toronto these days.
Burke and Ducks GM Bob Murray worked together already once this year in doing the Francois Beauchemin trade that sent the veteran defenseman back to Anaheim in exchange for Joffrey Lupul, prospect Jake Gardiner and a conditional fourth round pick in 2013. Having a good relationship in the business is certainly helpful and in this case for Burke, it’s helping him find ways to tweak the lineup. Voros is a veteran grinder so if Burke feels like he’s not getting the play he’s looking for out of the likes of Jay Rosehill, Voros can be moved right into that spot.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)