Feb 15, 2011, 11:46 AM EDT
Clearly Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke’s time spent as the GM of the Ducks years ago was time well spent. Burke used that connection once again today acquiring forward Aaron Voros from Anaheim for a conditional seventh round pick.
Voros started off the season as one of the Ducks fourth line grinders, but after battling injuries and ineffective play he was waived and then sent to the AHL. Voros will head to Toronto of the AHL rather than directly to the Maple Leafs.
In limited duty this year, Voros played 12 games with the Ducks amassing no points and a -4 rating. He also accumulated 43 penalty minutes in that time. I do believe that’s what you’d call “truculence” in Toronto these days.
Burke and Ducks GM Bob Murray worked together already once this year in doing the Francois Beauchemin trade that sent the veteran defenseman back to Anaheim in exchange for Joffrey Lupul, prospect Jake Gardiner and a conditional fourth round pick in 2013. Having a good relationship in the business is certainly helpful and in this case for Burke, it’s helping him find ways to tweak the lineup. Voros is a veteran grinder so if Burke feels like he’s not getting the play he’s looking for out of the likes of Jay Rosehill, Voros can be moved right into that spot.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)