Feb 15, 2011, 10:45 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
With so many potential goals to choose from in a 9-1 Calgary throttling of Colorado last night, it took ingeniousness to catch our eye and Flames forward Alex Tanguay brought plenty of it last night.
Tanguay rushed into the Avalanche zone early in the third period with Calgary holding a 5-1 lead at the time. Tanguay rushed into the zone and got goalie Peter Budaj to get a bit jumpy and out of position in following the play. Budaj lost his footing a bit while Tanguay parked behind the net and waited patiently to get an opening in which he could bank the puck in off Budaj’s leg and into the net. It’s definitely worth a look for yourself.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 3
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 11
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 33
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 72
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (72)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control