Feb 15, 2011, 10:45 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
With so many potential goals to choose from in a 9-1 Calgary throttling of Colorado last night, it took ingeniousness to catch our eye and Flames forward Alex Tanguay brought plenty of it last night.
Tanguay rushed into the Avalanche zone early in the third period with Calgary holding a 5-1 lead at the time. Tanguay rushed into the zone and got goalie Peter Budaj to get a bit jumpy and out of position in following the play. Budaj lost his footing a bit while Tanguay parked behind the net and waited patiently to get an opening in which he could bank the puck in off Budaj’s leg and into the net. It’s definitely worth a look for yourself.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 34
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 49
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 33
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 49
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 50
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (169)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)