Feb 15, 2011, 10:45 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
With so many potential goals to choose from in a 9-1 Calgary throttling of Colorado last night, it took ingeniousness to catch our eye and Flames forward Alex Tanguay brought plenty of it last night.
Tanguay rushed into the Avalanche zone early in the third period with Calgary holding a 5-1 lead at the time. Tanguay rushed into the zone and got goalie Peter Budaj to get a bit jumpy and out of position in following the play. Budaj lost his footing a bit while Tanguay parked behind the net and waited patiently to get an opening in which he could bank the puck in off Budaj’s leg and into the net. It’s definitely worth a look for yourself.
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 48
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 28
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25