Feb 14, 2011, 7:35 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
Washington @ Phoenix – 8 p.m.
Washington’s starter: Michal Neuvirth gets the call in goal to do his part in helping the Caps get it together. (Source)
Phoenix’s starter: No alarms, no surprises here as Ilya Bryzgalov gets the call in goal. (Source)
Vancouver @ St. Louis – 8 p.m.
Vancouver’s starter: Roberto Luongo will get the start once again for the Canucks. (Source)
St. Louis’ starter: Jaroslav Halak will start for the Blues and try to get back to getting consistently good starts under his belt. (Source)
Calgary @ Colorado – 10 p.m.
Calgary’s starter: Miikka Kiprusoff will start for the Flames and look to keep them on top of the woeful-of-late Avs. (Source)
Colorado’s starter: Peter Budaj gets his turn to try and right the ship in Denver. The Avs have been giving up goals like candy on Halloween. (Source)
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)