Feb 14, 2011, 7:35 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
Washington @ Phoenix – 8 p.m.
Washington’s starter: Michal Neuvirth gets the call in goal to do his part in helping the Caps get it together. (Source)
Phoenix’s starter: No alarms, no surprises here as Ilya Bryzgalov gets the call in goal. (Source)
Vancouver @ St. Louis – 8 p.m.
Vancouver’s starter: Roberto Luongo will get the start once again for the Canucks. (Source)
St. Louis’ starter: Jaroslav Halak will start for the Blues and try to get back to getting consistently good starts under his belt. (Source)
Calgary @ Colorado – 10 p.m.
Calgary’s starter: Miikka Kiprusoff will start for the Flames and look to keep them on top of the woeful-of-late Avs. (Source)
Colorado’s starter: Peter Budaj gets his turn to try and right the ship in Denver. The Avs have been giving up goals like candy on Halloween. (Source)
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 3
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 45
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 43
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 55
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 27
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal