Feb 14, 2011, 7:35 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
Washington @ Phoenix – 8 p.m.
Washington’s starter: Michal Neuvirth gets the call in goal to do his part in helping the Caps get it together. (Source)
Phoenix’s starter: No alarms, no surprises here as Ilya Bryzgalov gets the call in goal. (Source)
Vancouver @ St. Louis – 8 p.m.
Vancouver’s starter: Roberto Luongo will get the start once again for the Canucks. (Source)
St. Louis’ starter: Jaroslav Halak will start for the Blues and try to get back to getting consistently good starts under his belt. (Source)
Calgary @ Colorado – 10 p.m.
Calgary’s starter: Miikka Kiprusoff will start for the Flames and look to keep them on top of the woeful-of-late Avs. (Source)
Colorado’s starter: Peter Budaj gets his turn to try and right the ship in Denver. The Avs have been giving up goals like candy on Halloween. (Source)
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 99
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (100)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)