Feb 14, 2011, 12:28 PM EDT
After playing just two games for the Colorado Avalanche after missing three years of NHL action, the seemingly inevitable happened: Peter Forsberg decided to cut his comeback short.
Forsberg has been dealing with injury issues for a big chunk of his career, with foot ailments giving him the biggest problems over the last few years. That’s the issue that reportedly cut his latest comeback bid short.
Of course it’s dangerous to say “never,” but it’s hard to imagine Foppa taking another kick at the can. He simply cannot get healthy and didn’t do particularly well in his two games back, going pointless with a -4 rating.
It’s a bummer that he couldn’t play a bit more, but at least he didn’t belabor the point considering the fact that he just wasn’t healthy or productive enough to make a difference. If nothing else, Forsberg can be sure that he gave it one more honest try.
Unless, he tries again, that is.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)