Feb 14, 2011, 12:28 PM EST
After playing just two games for the Colorado Avalanche after missing three years of NHL action, the seemingly inevitable happened: Peter Forsberg decided to cut his comeback short.
Forsberg has been dealing with injury issues for a big chunk of his career, with foot ailments giving him the biggest problems over the last few years. That’s the issue that reportedly cut his latest comeback bid short.
Of course it’s dangerous to say “never,” but it’s hard to imagine Foppa taking another kick at the can. He simply cannot get healthy and didn’t do particularly well in his two games back, going pointless with a -4 rating.
It’s a bummer that he couldn’t play a bit more, but at least he didn’t belabor the point considering the fact that he just wasn’t healthy or productive enough to make a difference. If nothing else, Forsberg can be sure that he gave it one more honest try.
Unless, he tries again, that is.
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 18
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 9
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 35
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 48
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Harding’s diving save highlights Wild’s win 5
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (48)
- Video: Malkin, Penguins win wild, controversial one over Leafs (40)
- ‘It’s like Groundhog Day’: Schneider frustrated about backing up Brodeur (35)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (35)