Feb 14, 2011, 12:28 PM EDT
After playing just two games for the Colorado Avalanche after missing three years of NHL action, the seemingly inevitable happened: Peter Forsberg decided to cut his comeback short.
Forsberg has been dealing with injury issues for a big chunk of his career, with foot ailments giving him the biggest problems over the last few years. That’s the issue that reportedly cut his latest comeback bid short.
Of course it’s dangerous to say “never,” but it’s hard to imagine Foppa taking another kick at the can. He simply cannot get healthy and didn’t do particularly well in his two games back, going pointless with a -4 rating.
It’s a bummer that he couldn’t play a bit more, but at least he didn’t belabor the point considering the fact that he just wasn’t healthy or productive enough to make a difference. If nothing else, Forsberg can be sure that he gave it one more honest try.
Unless, he tries again, that is.
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 26
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 32
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 54
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 14
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 95
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 29
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 58
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings