Feb 14, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
There aren’t many teams in the Western Conference who truly make sense, but the Columbus Blue Jackets are among the most confounding. Every time they seem to be reveal themselves as a true contender or an absolute mess, they reverse course and furrow many brows.
In a way, though, they’re the West’s answer to the Carolina Hurricanes. They tend to suffer and prosper with their elite forward (Rick Nash for the Blue Jackets, Eric Staal for the Canes) and their franchise goalie (Steve Mason for Columbus, Cam Ward for Carolina).
Right now, Nash and the Blue Jackets are doing well. They just earned their fifth straight road win by beating Dallas 2-1 on Sunday. Nash scored his 26th goal of the season and his six game winner, which ended up being February 13th’s best tally.
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 2
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 16
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)