Feb 14, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
There aren’t many teams in the Western Conference who truly make sense, but the Columbus Blue Jackets are among the most confounding. Every time they seem to be reveal themselves as a true contender or an absolute mess, they reverse course and furrow many brows.
In a way, though, they’re the West’s answer to the Carolina Hurricanes. They tend to suffer and prosper with their elite forward (Rick Nash for the Blue Jackets, Eric Staal for the Canes) and their franchise goalie (Steve Mason for Columbus, Cam Ward for Carolina).
Right now, Nash and the Blue Jackets are doing well. They just earned their fifth straight road win by beating Dallas 2-1 on Sunday. Nash scored his 26th goal of the season and his six game winner, which ended up being February 13th’s best tally.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 22
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 24
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 11
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 74
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (74)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)