Feb 14, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
There aren’t many teams in the Western Conference who truly make sense, but the Columbus Blue Jackets are among the most confounding. Every time they seem to be reveal themselves as a true contender or an absolute mess, they reverse course and furrow many brows.
In a way, though, they’re the West’s answer to the Carolina Hurricanes. They tend to suffer and prosper with their elite forward (Rick Nash for the Blue Jackets, Eric Staal for the Canes) and their franchise goalie (Steve Mason for Columbus, Cam Ward for Carolina).
Right now, Nash and the Blue Jackets are doing well. They just earned their fifth straight road win by beating Dallas 2-1 on Sunday. Nash scored his 26th goal of the season and his six game winner, which ended up being February 13th’s best tally.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63