Feb 14, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
There aren’t many teams in the Western Conference who truly make sense, but the Columbus Blue Jackets are among the most confounding. Every time they seem to be reveal themselves as a true contender or an absolute mess, they reverse course and furrow many brows.
In a way, though, they’re the West’s answer to the Carolina Hurricanes. They tend to suffer and prosper with their elite forward (Rick Nash for the Blue Jackets, Eric Staal for the Canes) and their franchise goalie (Steve Mason for Columbus, Cam Ward for Carolina).
Right now, Nash and the Blue Jackets are doing well. They just earned their fifth straight road win by beating Dallas 2-1 on Sunday. Nash scored his 26th goal of the season and his six game winner, which ended up being February 13th’s best tally.
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 9
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 13
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 31
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 65
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)