Feb 14, 2011, 2:10 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars’ hold on the top spot in the Pacific Division was already tenuous at best, but their road just got bumpier. Not only will they deal with three away games in a row, they must play those contests without Brad Richards. (Note: it might actually only be for one game; we’ll let you know as the week goes along.)
It is unclear exactly what kind of injury Richards is dealing with, as there isn’t much information about the situation other than that he is not feeling 100 percent.
Losing Richards – even if it’s just for a few games – would be a tough blow for Dallas. He’s in sixth place in the league with 63 points in 56 games as the catalyst for a great line with James Neal and Loui Eriksson.
This should be an interesting test for the Stars. They’ve been amazingly lucky from a health-perspective, as Jamie Benn has been the only significant player to miss a notable amount of time. Even Kari Lehtonen has been pretty healthy this year, appearing in 44 games already this season.
Marc Crawford’s team depends on Richards for tons of offense, so we’ll see how they cope without him. We’ll pass along updates on his status as more information and news develops.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 61
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 28
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 49
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 32
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (67)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)