Feb 14, 2011, 2:10 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars’ hold on the top spot in the Pacific Division was already tenuous at best, but their road just got bumpier. Not only will they deal with three away games in a row, they must play those contests without Brad Richards. (Note: it might actually only be for one game; we’ll let you know as the week goes along.)
It is unclear exactly what kind of injury Richards is dealing with, as there isn’t much information about the situation other than that he is not feeling 100 percent.
Losing Richards – even if it’s just for a few games – would be a tough blow for Dallas. He’s in sixth place in the league with 63 points in 56 games as the catalyst for a great line with James Neal and Loui Eriksson.
This should be an interesting test for the Stars. They’ve been amazingly lucky from a health-perspective, as Jamie Benn has been the only significant player to miss a notable amount of time. Even Kari Lehtonen has been pretty healthy this year, appearing in 44 games already this season.
Marc Crawford’s team depends on Richards for tons of offense, so we’ll see how they cope without him. We’ll pass along updates on his status as more information and news develops.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 11
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 12
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 66
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 89
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)