Feb 14, 2011, 2:10 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars’ hold on the top spot in the Pacific Division was already tenuous at best, but their road just got bumpier. Not only will they deal with three away games in a row, they must play those contests without Brad Richards. (Note: it might actually only be for one game; we’ll let you know as the week goes along.)
It is unclear exactly what kind of injury Richards is dealing with, as there isn’t much information about the situation other than that he is not feeling 100 percent.
Losing Richards – even if it’s just for a few games – would be a tough blow for Dallas. He’s in sixth place in the league with 63 points in 56 games as the catalyst for a great line with James Neal and Loui Eriksson.
This should be an interesting test for the Stars. They’ve been amazingly lucky from a health-perspective, as Jamie Benn has been the only significant player to miss a notable amount of time. Even Kari Lehtonen has been pretty healthy this year, appearing in 44 games already this season.
Marc Crawford’s team depends on Richards for tons of offense, so we’ll see how they cope without him. We’ll pass along updates on his status as more information and news develops.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 9
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 29
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)