Feb 14, 2011, 2:10 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars’ hold on the top spot in the Pacific Division was already tenuous at best, but their road just got bumpier. Not only will they deal with three away games in a row, they must play those contests without Brad Richards. (Note: it might actually only be for one game; we’ll let you know as the week goes along.)
It is unclear exactly what kind of injury Richards is dealing with, as there isn’t much information about the situation other than that he is not feeling 100 percent.
Losing Richards – even if it’s just for a few games – would be a tough blow for Dallas. He’s in sixth place in the league with 63 points in 56 games as the catalyst for a great line with James Neal and Loui Eriksson.
This should be an interesting test for the Stars. They’ve been amazingly lucky from a health-perspective, as Jamie Benn has been the only significant player to miss a notable amount of time. Even Kari Lehtonen has been pretty healthy this year, appearing in 44 games already this season.
Marc Crawford’s team depends on Richards for tons of offense, so we’ll see how they cope without him. We’ll pass along updates on his status as more information and news develops.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 45
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5