Feb 14, 2011, 2:10 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars’ hold on the top spot in the Pacific Division was already tenuous at best, but their road just got bumpier. Not only will they deal with three away games in a row, they must play those contests without Brad Richards. (Note: it might actually only be for one game; we’ll let you know as the week goes along.)
It is unclear exactly what kind of injury Richards is dealing with, as there isn’t much information about the situation other than that he is not feeling 100 percent.
Losing Richards – even if it’s just for a few games – would be a tough blow for Dallas. He’s in sixth place in the league with 63 points in 56 games as the catalyst for a great line with James Neal and Loui Eriksson.
This should be an interesting test for the Stars. They’ve been amazingly lucky from a health-perspective, as Jamie Benn has been the only significant player to miss a notable amount of time. Even Kari Lehtonen has been pretty healthy this year, appearing in 44 games already this season.
Marc Crawford’s team depends on Richards for tons of offense, so we’ll see how they cope without him. We’ll pass along updates on his status as more information and news develops.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)