Feb 14, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at tonight’s three games, all of which will have an impact on different playoff scenarios. As always, the start times are according to Eastern Standard Time (ET).
Vancouver @ St. Louis
Facing the top team in the NHL probably isn’t the precise elixir for the struggling Blues, but at least St. Louis is relatively strong at home (16-8-4). They will probably have to deal with red-hot Roberto Luongo, though. The Canucks top goalie has won six games in a row.
Washington @ Phoenix
The Coyotes are trending up right now thanks to the great work of Ilya Bryzgalov, making them a tough start to a five-game road trip for the struggling Capitals. Both teams are struggling to produce offense right now, so it could be a low-scoring affair. (You never know, though.)
Calgary @ Colorado
Forsberg or not, the Avs are in a free-fall right now, dropping seven consecutive games in regulation. The Flames have lost their last two games, but are generally looking like possible playoff contenders right now. This match is an important one for both teams. Then again, you could probably say that about any contest between two Western Conference playoff teams.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)