Feb 14, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at tonight’s three games, all of which will have an impact on different playoff scenarios. As always, the start times are according to Eastern Standard Time (ET).
Vancouver @ St. Louis
Facing the top team in the NHL probably isn’t the precise elixir for the struggling Blues, but at least St. Louis is relatively strong at home (16-8-4). They will probably have to deal with red-hot Roberto Luongo, though. The Canucks top goalie has won six games in a row.
Washington @ Phoenix
The Coyotes are trending up right now thanks to the great work of Ilya Bryzgalov, making them a tough start to a five-game road trip for the struggling Capitals. Both teams are struggling to produce offense right now, so it could be a low-scoring affair. (You never know, though.)
Calgary @ Colorado
Forsberg or not, the Avs are in a free-fall right now, dropping seven consecutive games in regulation. The Flames have lost their last two games, but are generally looking like possible playoff contenders right now. This match is an important one for both teams. Then again, you could probably say that about any contest between two Western Conference playoff teams.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35