Feb 14, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at tonight’s three games, all of which will have an impact on different playoff scenarios. As always, the start times are according to Eastern Standard Time (ET).
Vancouver @ St. Louis
Facing the top team in the NHL probably isn’t the precise elixir for the struggling Blues, but at least St. Louis is relatively strong at home (16-8-4). They will probably have to deal with red-hot Roberto Luongo, though. The Canucks top goalie has won six games in a row.
Washington @ Phoenix
The Coyotes are trending up right now thanks to the great work of Ilya Bryzgalov, making them a tough start to a five-game road trip for the struggling Capitals. Both teams are struggling to produce offense right now, so it could be a low-scoring affair. (You never know, though.)
Calgary @ Colorado
Forsberg or not, the Avs are in a free-fall right now, dropping seven consecutive games in regulation. The Flames have lost their last two games, but are generally looking like possible playoff contenders right now. This match is an important one for both teams. Then again, you could probably say that about any contest between two Western Conference playoff teams.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 0
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 13
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31