Feb 14, 2011, 3:00 PM EST
Let’s take a look at tonight’s three games, all of which will have an impact on different playoff scenarios. As always, the start times are according to Eastern Standard Time (ET).
Vancouver @ St. Louis
Facing the top team in the NHL probably isn’t the precise elixir for the struggling Blues, but at least St. Louis is relatively strong at home (16-8-4). They will probably have to deal with red-hot Roberto Luongo, though. The Canucks top goalie has won six games in a row.
Washington @ Phoenix
The Coyotes are trending up right now thanks to the great work of Ilya Bryzgalov, making them a tough start to a five-game road trip for the struggling Capitals. Both teams are struggling to produce offense right now, so it could be a low-scoring affair. (You never know, though.)
Calgary @ Colorado
Forsberg or not, the Avs are in a free-fall right now, dropping seven consecutive games in regulation. The Flames have lost their last two games, but are generally looking like possible playoff contenders right now. This match is an important one for both teams. Then again, you could probably say that about any contest between two Western Conference playoff teams.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 70
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 95
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 6
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 179
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (179)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (95)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (89)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (87)