Feb 14, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at tonight’s three games, all of which will have an impact on different playoff scenarios. As always, the start times are according to Eastern Standard Time (ET).
Vancouver @ St. Louis
Facing the top team in the NHL probably isn’t the precise elixir for the struggling Blues, but at least St. Louis is relatively strong at home (16-8-4). They will probably have to deal with red-hot Roberto Luongo, though. The Canucks top goalie has won six games in a row.
Washington @ Phoenix
The Coyotes are trending up right now thanks to the great work of Ilya Bryzgalov, making them a tough start to a five-game road trip for the struggling Capitals. Both teams are struggling to produce offense right now, so it could be a low-scoring affair. (You never know, though.)
Calgary @ Colorado
Forsberg or not, the Avs are in a free-fall right now, dropping seven consecutive games in regulation. The Flames have lost their last two games, but are generally looking like possible playoff contenders right now. This match is an important one for both teams. Then again, you could probably say that about any contest between two Western Conference playoff teams.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)