Feb 13, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Being a goalie in the NHL during overtime can make for a hell of an uncomfortable situation. It can be made even worse when your team hangs you out to dry for a breakaway against you. Fortunately for the Phoenix Coyotes, Ilya Bryzgalov isn’t fazed by such things. No, seriously, check out his demeanor while stopping Dave Bolland‘s breakaway chance in overtime. Bryzgalov’s stop helped lead Phoenix to the shootout where they’d go on to win the game.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 3
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 8
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 5
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2