Feb 13, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
Detroit snapped out of their first period funk and came out buzzing in the second. Pavel Datsyuk tied the game up at 3:54 of the period with a rebound goal from a Brian Rafalski shot. Jiri Hudler also earned an assist on the play. Detroit carried play in the period and outshot the Bruins 19-6.
That exertion of control paid off when Kris Draper got a great pass from Patrick Eaves and skated in beating Tim Thomas up high to give the Wings a 3-2 lead. Darren Helm earned a secondary assist on the play.
It wasn’t all pretty for Detroit as they got a couple of brief scares when Henrik Zetterberg fell awkwardly after a hit from Zdeno Chara. Zetterberg went to the bench but returned to the game. Todd Bertuzzi also received treatment after being struck by a Nicklas Lidstrom shot during a power play. He also returned to action in the game.
Jimmy Howard stopped all six shots he saw that period and has 13 saves through two periods. Tim Thomas saved 17 shots in the second and has 26 saves after 40 minutes.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)