Feb 13, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
Detroit snapped out of their first period funk and came out buzzing in the second. Pavel Datsyuk tied the game up at 3:54 of the period with a rebound goal from a Brian Rafalski shot. Jiri Hudler also earned an assist on the play. Detroit carried play in the period and outshot the Bruins 19-6.
That exertion of control paid off when Kris Draper got a great pass from Patrick Eaves and skated in beating Tim Thomas up high to give the Wings a 3-2 lead. Darren Helm earned a secondary assist on the play.
It wasn’t all pretty for Detroit as they got a couple of brief scares when Henrik Zetterberg fell awkwardly after a hit from Zdeno Chara. Zetterberg went to the bench but returned to the game. Todd Bertuzzi also received treatment after being struck by a Nicklas Lidstrom shot during a power play. He also returned to action in the game.
Jimmy Howard stopped all six shots he saw that period and has 13 saves through two periods. Tim Thomas saved 17 shots in the second and has 26 saves after 40 minutes.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 2
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 24
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 28
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)