Feb 13, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
Detroit snapped out of their first period funk and came out buzzing in the second. Pavel Datsyuk tied the game up at 3:54 of the period with a rebound goal from a Brian Rafalski shot. Jiri Hudler also earned an assist on the play. Detroit carried play in the period and outshot the Bruins 19-6.
That exertion of control paid off when Kris Draper got a great pass from Patrick Eaves and skated in beating Tim Thomas up high to give the Wings a 3-2 lead. Darren Helm earned a secondary assist on the play.
It wasn’t all pretty for Detroit as they got a couple of brief scares when Henrik Zetterberg fell awkwardly after a hit from Zdeno Chara. Zetterberg went to the bench but returned to the game. Todd Bertuzzi also received treatment after being struck by a Nicklas Lidstrom shot during a power play. He also returned to action in the game.
Jimmy Howard stopped all six shots he saw that period and has 13 saves through two periods. Tim Thomas saved 17 shots in the second and has 26 saves after 40 minutes.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)