Feb 13, 2011, 2:18 PM EST
Detroit snapped out of their first period funk and came out buzzing in the second. Pavel Datsyuk tied the game up at 3:54 of the period with a rebound goal from a Brian Rafalski shot. Jiri Hudler also earned an assist on the play. Detroit carried play in the period and outshot the Bruins 19-6.
That exertion of control paid off when Kris Draper got a great pass from Patrick Eaves and skated in beating Tim Thomas up high to give the Wings a 3-2 lead. Darren Helm earned a secondary assist on the play.
It wasn’t all pretty for Detroit as they got a couple of brief scares when Henrik Zetterberg fell awkwardly after a hit from Zdeno Chara. Zetterberg went to the bench but returned to the game. Todd Bertuzzi also received treatment after being struck by a Nicklas Lidstrom shot during a power play. He also returned to action in the game.
Jimmy Howard stopped all six shots he saw that period and has 13 saves through two periods. Tim Thomas saved 17 shots in the second and has 26 saves after 40 minutes.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (43)