Feb 12, 2011, 1:44 AM EST
If you asked a hockey fan which of this week’s games provided a Gordie Howe hat trick – one player scoring at least one goal, an assist and getting in a fight during a single game – then most would probably guess that it happened in the Boston Bruins’ beating of the Montreal Canadiens or the New York Islanders’ ugly bout with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
After all, both games featured plenty of hate, fights and goals.
As it turns out, Travis “Harmonic” Hamonic* produced a Howe-trick amid the 346 penalty minutes and 12 total goals that happened in the Pens-Isles game. Hamonic scored the first goal of the game, provided two assists (one on a P.A. Parentau power-play goal, the other on a John Tavares goal to start the second period) and got in two fights during a busy nine and a half minutes of work. Check out video footage of his hectic evening at the bottom of this post.
* – Some might call this the least creative nickname possible, but my guess is that his teammates go for the even-less-inspired “Hammy.” Modern hockey players just don’t respect the “art” of creating nicknames.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)