Feb 12, 2011, 1:44 AM EDT
If you asked a hockey fan which of this week’s games provided a Gordie Howe hat trick – one player scoring at least one goal, an assist and getting in a fight during a single game – then most would probably guess that it happened in the Boston Bruins’ beating of the Montreal Canadiens or the New York Islanders’ ugly bout with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
After all, both games featured plenty of hate, fights and goals.
As it turns out, Travis “Harmonic” Hamonic* produced a Howe-trick amid the 346 penalty minutes and 12 total goals that happened in the Pens-Isles game. Hamonic scored the first goal of the game, provided two assists (one on a P.A. Parentau power-play goal, the other on a John Tavares goal to start the second period) and got in two fights during a busy nine and a half minutes of work. Check out video footage of his hectic evening at the bottom of this post.
* – Some might call this the least creative nickname possible, but my guess is that his teammates go for the even-less-inspired “Hammy.” Modern hockey players just don’t respect the “art” of creating nicknames.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 8
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 13
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)