Feb 12, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Earlier this week, Norris Trophy winning defenseman Duncan Keith and many other vital members of the defending champion Chicago Blackhawks seemed like they were at their wit’s end. The team was frustrated coming off a 3-1 loss to the Calgary Flames, leaving them in 11th place in the Western Conference.
We couldn’t help but wonder if the once-elite Blackhawks would miss the playoffs altogether, so we made it simple and asked PHT readers if the team would make the postseason.
That question was posed on February 8th, but the Hawks’ fortune hasn’t changed very much; they went 1-0-1 since then and remain in 11th place in the West. In fact, some might be even less positive about Chicago considering the fact that they coughed up a 3-0 lead to lose to the Dallas Stars in a shootout on Friday.
As you can see, it was a very tight vote, but a slight majority of PHT readers think that Chicago will miss the playoffs.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)