Feb 12, 2011, 4:30 PM EST
Earlier this week, Norris Trophy winning defenseman Duncan Keith and many other vital members of the defending champion Chicago Blackhawks seemed like they were at their wit’s end. The team was frustrated coming off a 3-1 loss to the Calgary Flames, leaving them in 11th place in the Western Conference.
We couldn’t help but wonder if the once-elite Blackhawks would miss the playoffs altogether, so we made it simple and asked PHT readers if the team would make the postseason.
That question was posed on February 8th, but the Hawks’ fortune hasn’t changed very much; they went 1-0-1 since then and remain in 11th place in the West. In fact, some might be even less positive about Chicago considering the fact that they coughed up a 3-0 lead to lose to the Dallas Stars in a shootout on Friday.
As you can see, it was a very tight vote, but a slight majority of PHT readers think that Chicago will miss the playoffs.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)