Feb 12, 2011, 4:30 PM EST
Earlier this week, Norris Trophy winning defenseman Duncan Keith and many other vital members of the defending champion Chicago Blackhawks seemed like they were at their wit’s end. The team was frustrated coming off a 3-1 loss to the Calgary Flames, leaving them in 11th place in the Western Conference.
We couldn’t help but wonder if the once-elite Blackhawks would miss the playoffs altogether, so we made it simple and asked PHT readers if the team would make the postseason.
That question was posed on February 8th, but the Hawks’ fortune hasn’t changed very much; they went 1-0-1 since then and remain in 11th place in the West. In fact, some might be even less positive about Chicago considering the fact that they coughed up a 3-0 lead to lose to the Dallas Stars in a shootout on Friday.
As you can see, it was a very tight vote, but a slight majority of PHT readers think that Chicago will miss the playoffs.
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 1
- Devils fire DeBoer 18
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)