Feb 12, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Earlier this week, Norris Trophy winning defenseman Duncan Keith and many other vital members of the defending champion Chicago Blackhawks seemed like they were at their wit’s end. The team was frustrated coming off a 3-1 loss to the Calgary Flames, leaving them in 11th place in the Western Conference.
We couldn’t help but wonder if the once-elite Blackhawks would miss the playoffs altogether, so we made it simple and asked PHT readers if the team would make the postseason.
That question was posed on February 8th, but the Hawks’ fortune hasn’t changed very much; they went 1-0-1 since then and remain in 11th place in the West. In fact, some might be even less positive about Chicago considering the fact that they coughed up a 3-0 lead to lose to the Dallas Stars in a shootout on Friday.
As you can see, it was a very tight vote, but a slight majority of PHT readers think that Chicago will miss the playoffs.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 36
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 2
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 18
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13