Feb 12, 2011, 4:30 PM EST
Earlier this week, Norris Trophy winning defenseman Duncan Keith and many other vital members of the defending champion Chicago Blackhawks seemed like they were at their wit’s end. The team was frustrated coming off a 3-1 loss to the Calgary Flames, leaving them in 11th place in the Western Conference.
We couldn’t help but wonder if the once-elite Blackhawks would miss the playoffs altogether, so we made it simple and asked PHT readers if the team would make the postseason.
That question was posed on February 8th, but the Hawks’ fortune hasn’t changed very much; they went 1-0-1 since then and remain in 11th place in the West. In fact, some might be even less positive about Chicago considering the fact that they coughed up a 3-0 lead to lose to the Dallas Stars in a shootout on Friday.
As you can see, it was a very tight vote, but a slight majority of PHT readers think that Chicago will miss the playoffs.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 54
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 80
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (80)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)