Feb 12, 2011, 8:54 PM EDT
The Penguins trip to New York has been one to remember for a lot of the wrong reasons. Last night’s 9-3 fight-filled loss to the Islanders will go down as one of the ugliest games of the season and while the Penguins were going to make today a bit nicer by practicing outdoors in Central Park, getting there was part of the problem.
The bus taking the Penguins to Manhattan ran into some trouble on the way there in the form of another car as they ended up in a minor accident. No one was hurt in the incident, but with the team fully dressed in their practice gear aside from their skates, it made for quite the scene in the Big Apple.
Penguins coach Dan Bylsma was able to keep things light and in perspective following the accident.
“It was quite a sight,” Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said. “I think the gentleman involved with the accident backed off a little bit when he saw a whole hockey team get out with sticks and gloves in their hands. If he had known anything about last night, maybe that’s why he backed off.”
Running into a bus filled with ornery hockey players still nursing some wounds from the previous night might go down as one of the worst things to get into a fender bender with. That’s akin to going into the wild to look for rabid badgers to engage in a fight, it just doesn’t sound fun nor safe.
We’re glad to see that no players or or regular folks got hurt in the incident, but we’re thinking that the Penguins can’t really have fond memories nor a wont to come back to New York City and Long Island anytime soon.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)