Feb 12, 2011, 8:54 PM EDT
The Penguins trip to New York has been one to remember for a lot of the wrong reasons. Last night’s 9-3 fight-filled loss to the Islanders will go down as one of the ugliest games of the season and while the Penguins were going to make today a bit nicer by practicing outdoors in Central Park, getting there was part of the problem.
The bus taking the Penguins to Manhattan ran into some trouble on the way there in the form of another car as they ended up in a minor accident. No one was hurt in the incident, but with the team fully dressed in their practice gear aside from their skates, it made for quite the scene in the Big Apple.
Penguins coach Dan Bylsma was able to keep things light and in perspective following the accident.
“It was quite a sight,” Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said. “I think the gentleman involved with the accident backed off a little bit when he saw a whole hockey team get out with sticks and gloves in their hands. If he had known anything about last night, maybe that’s why he backed off.”
Running into a bus filled with ornery hockey players still nursing some wounds from the previous night might go down as one of the worst things to get into a fender bender with. That’s akin to going into the wild to look for rabid badgers to engage in a fight, it just doesn’t sound fun nor safe.
We’re glad to see that no players or or regular folks got hurt in the incident, but we’re thinking that the Penguins can’t really have fond memories nor a wont to come back to New York City and Long Island anytime soon.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)