Feb 12, 2011, 11:59 AM EDT
While NBC will have you covered for Hockey Day in America on Sunday, February 20th, today marks one of the best days on the puck calendar: Hockey Day in Canada.
The best part is that you don’t have to be a Canadian to enjoy it.
If you live in Canada/have access to the CBC: the festivities begin at noon ET. The network will cover a full of day’s worth of features, as well as three games between all six of the Canadian teams.
Game 1: Ottawa Senators at Edmonton Oilers (begins around 2:00pm ET).
Game 2: Toronto Maple Leafs at Montreal Canadiens (begins around 7:00pm ET).
Game 3: Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks (begins around 10:00pm ET).
If you’re in America/have access to the U.S. version of NHL Network and Center Ice and/or Game Center Live: NHL.com provides a helpful roadmap to how to follow the full day of action, including features and vignettes.
NHL.com also provides a summary of the features, which you can watch on those aforementioned channel(s). Along with Sidney Crosby donating 87 sets of hockey equipment to children in Nova Scotia with the NHL Players Association’s Goals and Dreams Fund, here are some of the events taking place.
From Quebec City, CBC will have coverage of the 52nd Quebec International Pee-Wee Tournament, which features 2,300 players from 16 countries competing for the title of “World Champion of Pee Wee Hockey.”
In Oakville, Ont., CBC will cover the Scotiabank Girls Hockeyfest, where 300 girls from the Oakville Hornets Girls Hockey Association get put through their paces by Canadian Olympic hockey gold medalist Tessa Bonhomme.
CBC will follow the Scotiabank Prairie Pond Hockey Challenge from Wascana Lake in Regina, Sask. Eighty teams will compete in Saskatchewan’s largest pond hockey tournament.
And in Victoria, B.C., CBC will show highlights from Hockey Night in Canada’s Play On! street hockey tournament, as 60 teams compete for the right to hoist the Redwood Cup.
It sounds like a great time. Hopefully you can follow along, wherever you’re located.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)