Feb 12, 2011, 11:59 AM EDT
While NBC will have you covered for Hockey Day in America on Sunday, February 20th, today marks one of the best days on the puck calendar: Hockey Day in Canada.
The best part is that you don’t have to be a Canadian to enjoy it.
If you live in Canada/have access to the CBC: the festivities begin at noon ET. The network will cover a full of day’s worth of features, as well as three games between all six of the Canadian teams.
Game 1: Ottawa Senators at Edmonton Oilers (begins around 2:00pm ET).
Game 2: Toronto Maple Leafs at Montreal Canadiens (begins around 7:00pm ET).
Game 3: Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks (begins around 10:00pm ET).
If you’re in America/have access to the U.S. version of NHL Network and Center Ice and/or Game Center Live: NHL.com provides a helpful roadmap to how to follow the full day of action, including features and vignettes.
NHL.com also provides a summary of the features, which you can watch on those aforementioned channel(s). Along with Sidney Crosby donating 87 sets of hockey equipment to children in Nova Scotia with the NHL Players Association’s Goals and Dreams Fund, here are some of the events taking place.
From Quebec City, CBC will have coverage of the 52nd Quebec International Pee-Wee Tournament, which features 2,300 players from 16 countries competing for the title of “World Champion of Pee Wee Hockey.”
In Oakville, Ont., CBC will cover the Scotiabank Girls Hockeyfest, where 300 girls from the Oakville Hornets Girls Hockey Association get put through their paces by Canadian Olympic hockey gold medalist Tessa Bonhomme.
CBC will follow the Scotiabank Prairie Pond Hockey Challenge from Wascana Lake in Regina, Sask. Eighty teams will compete in Saskatchewan’s largest pond hockey tournament.
And in Victoria, B.C., CBC will show highlights from Hockey Night in Canada’s Play On! street hockey tournament, as 60 teams compete for the right to hoist the Redwood Cup.
It sounds like a great time. Hopefully you can follow along, wherever you’re located.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 0
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 21
- Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 26
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 3
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)