Feb 12, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The Anaheim Ducks might not be the absolute hottest team in the NHL – after all, the New Jersey Devils downed the streaking San Jose Sharks to improve to 12-1-2 in their last 15 games – but they’re awfully close.
The team played well without Ryan Getzlaf, although they have been downright scary in his two games back. One reason they were succeeding and continue to prosper is the increasingly impressive play of rookie defenseman Cam Fowler. The 2010 first rounder has four goals in his last five games, including this outstanding overtime game winner.
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 12
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 9
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 33
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 57
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 88
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead