Feb 11, 2011, 10:45 AM EDT
It’s been a while since we’ve heard anything at all from Sidney Crosby and when he spoke up yesterday about being hopeful to return to action for the Penguins yesterday, it was as if he was coming out of his shell a bit. After all, when you’re the biggest hockey star on the planet and you’re out with an ailment that’s the latest hot-button topic of discussion in the game people are going to want to hear what you have to say.
Crosby was open about how it’s affecting him and what he’s doing to get back on the ice and to be healthy enough to do so. For him, having never dealt with a concussion before, and with concussions being particularly tricky in how to treat them, it’s a frustrating process to get healthy and able to play again. Check out what Sid had to say yesterday here.
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 3
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 5
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 16
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9