Feb 11, 2011, 10:45 AM EDT
It’s been a while since we’ve heard anything at all from Sidney Crosby and when he spoke up yesterday about being hopeful to return to action for the Penguins yesterday, it was as if he was coming out of his shell a bit. After all, when you’re the biggest hockey star on the planet and you’re out with an ailment that’s the latest hot-button topic of discussion in the game people are going to want to hear what you have to say.
Crosby was open about how it’s affecting him and what he’s doing to get back on the ice and to be healthy enough to do so. For him, having never dealt with a concussion before, and with concussions being particularly tricky in how to treat them, it’s a frustrating process to get healthy and able to play again. Check out what Sid had to say yesterday here.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 11
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 13
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5