Feb 11, 2011, 10:45 AM EDT
It’s been a while since we’ve heard anything at all from Sidney Crosby and when he spoke up yesterday about being hopeful to return to action for the Penguins yesterday, it was as if he was coming out of his shell a bit. After all, when you’re the biggest hockey star on the planet and you’re out with an ailment that’s the latest hot-button topic of discussion in the game people are going to want to hear what you have to say.
Crosby was open about how it’s affecting him and what he’s doing to get back on the ice and to be healthy enough to do so. For him, having never dealt with a concussion before, and with concussions being particularly tricky in how to treat them, it’s a frustrating process to get healthy and able to play again. Check out what Sid had to say yesterday here.
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 4
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30