Feb 11, 2011, 10:45 AM EDT
It’s been a while since we’ve heard anything at all from Sidney Crosby and when he spoke up yesterday about being hopeful to return to action for the Penguins yesterday, it was as if he was coming out of his shell a bit. After all, when you’re the biggest hockey star on the planet and you’re out with an ailment that’s the latest hot-button topic of discussion in the game people are going to want to hear what you have to say.
Crosby was open about how it’s affecting him and what he’s doing to get back on the ice and to be healthy enough to do so. For him, having never dealt with a concussion before, and with concussions being particularly tricky in how to treat them, it’s a frustrating process to get healthy and able to play again. Check out what Sid had to say yesterday here.
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 48
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 28
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25