Feb 11, 2011, 10:03 PM EDT
Peter Forsberg played in his first game in three years, but the emotional and on-ice lift wasn’t enough to return the Colorado Avalanche to the “win” column. The Avs continue to search for answers as the Columbus Blue Jackets handed them their sixth consecutive loss, 3-1.
Forsberg actually looked pretty decent, despite posting a -2 rating in 17:38 of ice time. Adrian Dater writes that Forsberg “looked a lot like the old player that used to dominate the league” but his teammates almost seemed unprepared by his tape-to-tape passes.
The Avalanche have slipped from one of the most exciting teams in the league as they used to create and allow tons of scoring chances, but now they’re just snake-bitten. They’ve only scored three goals in their last four games and have only one win their last nine contests.
While Colorado’s playoff hopes fade, the Blue Jackets are really heating up. Columbus earned wins in four of their last five games, only losing to the San Jose Sharks 3-2 on Wednesday. Rick Nash scored a goal and added an assist in the game, leaving the Blue Jackets four points behind the Calgary Flames for the eighth spot in the Western Conference.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)