Feb 11, 2011, 10:03 PM EDT
Peter Forsberg played in his first game in three years, but the emotional and on-ice lift wasn’t enough to return the Colorado Avalanche to the “win” column. The Avs continue to search for answers as the Columbus Blue Jackets handed them their sixth consecutive loss, 3-1.
Forsberg actually looked pretty decent, despite posting a -2 rating in 17:38 of ice time. Adrian Dater writes that Forsberg “looked a lot like the old player that used to dominate the league” but his teammates almost seemed unprepared by his tape-to-tape passes.
The Avalanche have slipped from one of the most exciting teams in the league as they used to create and allow tons of scoring chances, but now they’re just snake-bitten. They’ve only scored three goals in their last four games and have only one win their last nine contests.
While Colorado’s playoff hopes fade, the Blue Jackets are really heating up. Columbus earned wins in four of their last five games, only losing to the San Jose Sharks 3-2 on Wednesday. Rick Nash scored a goal and added an assist in the game, leaving the Blue Jackets four points behind the Calgary Flames for the eighth spot in the Western Conference.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 1
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 15
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 18
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)