Feb 11, 2011, 10:03 PM EST
Peter Forsberg played in his first game in three years, but the emotional and on-ice lift wasn’t enough to return the Colorado Avalanche to the “win” column. The Avs continue to search for answers as the Columbus Blue Jackets handed them their sixth consecutive loss, 3-1.
Forsberg actually looked pretty decent, despite posting a -2 rating in 17:38 of ice time. Adrian Dater writes that Forsberg “looked a lot like the old player that used to dominate the league” but his teammates almost seemed unprepared by his tape-to-tape passes.
The Avalanche have slipped from one of the most exciting teams in the league as they used to create and allow tons of scoring chances, but now they’re just snake-bitten. They’ve only scored three goals in their last four games and have only one win their last nine contests.
While Colorado’s playoff hopes fade, the Blue Jackets are really heating up. Columbus earned wins in four of their last five games, only losing to the San Jose Sharks 3-2 on Wednesday. Rick Nash scored a goal and added an assist in the game, leaving the Blue Jackets four points behind the Calgary Flames for the eighth spot in the Western Conference.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 20
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 44
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)