Feb 11, 2011, 10:03 PM EDT
Peter Forsberg played in his first game in three years, but the emotional and on-ice lift wasn’t enough to return the Colorado Avalanche to the “win” column. The Avs continue to search for answers as the Columbus Blue Jackets handed them their sixth consecutive loss, 3-1.
Forsberg actually looked pretty decent, despite posting a -2 rating in 17:38 of ice time. Adrian Dater writes that Forsberg “looked a lot like the old player that used to dominate the league” but his teammates almost seemed unprepared by his tape-to-tape passes.
The Avalanche have slipped from one of the most exciting teams in the league as they used to create and allow tons of scoring chances, but now they’re just snake-bitten. They’ve only scored three goals in their last four games and have only one win their last nine contests.
While Colorado’s playoff hopes fade, the Blue Jackets are really heating up. Columbus earned wins in four of their last five games, only losing to the San Jose Sharks 3-2 on Wednesday. Rick Nash scored a goal and added an assist in the game, leaving the Blue Jackets four points behind the Calgary Flames for the eighth spot in the Western Conference.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 15
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 20
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 65
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 26
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)