Feb 11, 2011, 10:03 PM EST
Peter Forsberg played in his first game in three years, but the emotional and on-ice lift wasn’t enough to return the Colorado Avalanche to the “win” column. The Avs continue to search for answers as the Columbus Blue Jackets handed them their sixth consecutive loss, 3-1.
Forsberg actually looked pretty decent, despite posting a -2 rating in 17:38 of ice time. Adrian Dater writes that Forsberg “looked a lot like the old player that used to dominate the league” but his teammates almost seemed unprepared by his tape-to-tape passes.
The Avalanche have slipped from one of the most exciting teams in the league as they used to create and allow tons of scoring chances, but now they’re just snake-bitten. They’ve only scored three goals in their last four games and have only one win their last nine contests.
While Colorado’s playoff hopes fade, the Blue Jackets are really heating up. Columbus earned wins in four of their last five games, only losing to the San Jose Sharks 3-2 on Wednesday. Rick Nash scored a goal and added an assist in the game, leaving the Blue Jackets four points behind the Calgary Flames for the eighth spot in the Western Conference.
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 2
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 1
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)