Feb 11, 2011, 2:21 PM EST
The Caps got a scare on Sunday when Mike Green was felled by a Brooks Orpik shot to the head. Green missed their last game against San Jose on Tuesday night but it appears he’s going to be ready to go on Saturday against Los Angeles.
Caps coach Bruce Boudreau spoke today with the press and said he expects that Green will be ready to go for Saturday’s afternoon match-up with the Kings. The Caps lost on Tuesday to San Jose without Green in the lineup in meager fashion getting shutout 2-0. Green’s offensive capabilities from the blue line are necessary for their success so getting him back so quickly helps out.
Washington’s offensive issues this season have been greatly talked about, but with Alex Semin playing once again after his injury, the Caps are virtually back to full strength. If the offense doesn’t make a comeback now the Caps are going to have a lot of questions to answer the rest of the way and into the playoffs.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 41
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 27
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 43
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 84
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)