Feb 11, 2011, 2:21 PM EDT
The Caps got a scare on Sunday when Mike Green was felled by a Brooks Orpik shot to the head. Green missed their last game against San Jose on Tuesday night but it appears he’s going to be ready to go on Saturday against Los Angeles.
Caps coach Bruce Boudreau spoke today with the press and said he expects that Green will be ready to go for Saturday’s afternoon match-up with the Kings. The Caps lost on Tuesday to San Jose without Green in the lineup in meager fashion getting shutout 2-0. Green’s offensive capabilities from the blue line are necessary for their success so getting him back so quickly helps out.
Washington’s offensive issues this season have been greatly talked about, but with Alex Semin playing once again after his injury, the Caps are virtually back to full strength. If the offense doesn’t make a comeback now the Caps are going to have a lot of questions to answer the rest of the way and into the playoffs.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 0
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 17
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 24
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 23
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 17
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6