Feb 11, 2011, 2:21 PM EST
The Caps got a scare on Sunday when Mike Green was felled by a Brooks Orpik shot to the head. Green missed their last game against San Jose on Tuesday night but it appears he’s going to be ready to go on Saturday against Los Angeles.
Caps coach Bruce Boudreau spoke today with the press and said he expects that Green will be ready to go for Saturday’s afternoon match-up with the Kings. The Caps lost on Tuesday to San Jose without Green in the lineup in meager fashion getting shutout 2-0. Green’s offensive capabilities from the blue line are necessary for their success so getting him back so quickly helps out.
Washington’s offensive issues this season have been greatly talked about, but with Alex Semin playing once again after his injury, the Caps are virtually back to full strength. If the offense doesn’t make a comeback now the Caps are going to have a lot of questions to answer the rest of the way and into the playoffs.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 3
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 5
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8