Feb 11, 2011, 2:21 PM EDT
The Caps got a scare on Sunday when Mike Green was felled by a Brooks Orpik shot to the head. Green missed their last game against San Jose on Tuesday night but it appears he’s going to be ready to go on Saturday against Los Angeles.
Caps coach Bruce Boudreau spoke today with the press and said he expects that Green will be ready to go for Saturday’s afternoon match-up with the Kings. The Caps lost on Tuesday to San Jose without Green in the lineup in meager fashion getting shutout 2-0. Green’s offensive capabilities from the blue line are necessary for their success so getting him back so quickly helps out.
Washington’s offensive issues this season have been greatly talked about, but with Alex Semin playing once again after his injury, the Caps are virtually back to full strength. If the offense doesn’t make a comeback now the Caps are going to have a lot of questions to answer the rest of the way and into the playoffs.
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 24
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 80
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 8
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 62
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36