Feb 11, 2011, 2:21 PM EDT
The Caps got a scare on Sunday when Mike Green was felled by a Brooks Orpik shot to the head. Green missed their last game against San Jose on Tuesday night but it appears he’s going to be ready to go on Saturday against Los Angeles.
Caps coach Bruce Boudreau spoke today with the press and said he expects that Green will be ready to go for Saturday’s afternoon match-up with the Kings. The Caps lost on Tuesday to San Jose without Green in the lineup in meager fashion getting shutout 2-0. Green’s offensive capabilities from the blue line are necessary for their success so getting him back so quickly helps out.
Washington’s offensive issues this season have been greatly talked about, but with Alex Semin playing once again after his injury, the Caps are virtually back to full strength. If the offense doesn’t make a comeback now the Caps are going to have a lot of questions to answer the rest of the way and into the playoffs.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)