Feb 10, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Last night wasn’t a particularly great night for Robin Lehner. Considering their 11-game losing streak, it’s been a while since the Ottawa Senators had a decent night at all.
But aside from the occasional tie-breaker, the Save of the Night tends to go to a single moment rather than a cumulative night. Lehner’s toe save was the best singular stop of the night, which is why it earned the top save of Wednesday night’s action.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 10
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 20
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 24
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 66
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 26
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (150)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (103)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)