Feb 10, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Last night wasn’t a particularly great night for Robin Lehner. Considering their 11-game losing streak, it’s been a while since the Ottawa Senators had a decent night at all.
But aside from the occasional tie-breaker, the Save of the Night tends to go to a single moment rather than a cumulative night. Lehner’s toe save was the best singular stop of the night, which is why it earned the top save of Wednesday night’s action.
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 10
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 6
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 31
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 56
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 85
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 11
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut