Feb 10, 2011, 2:18 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins managed to win a nice chunk of games without Sidney Crosby and/or Evgeni Malkin this season, but it seems like that lack of offensive punch started to rear its ugly head in their last two games.
Crosby addressed the media about his recovery today, saying that he hopes to return this season but there is “no timetable” for his return.
Crosby admits that it is “impossible to gauge” how long it will take for him to return, but he sure hopes that he’ll play again this season.
NHL.com provides video footage of Crosby’s discussion with the media.
In other Penguins news, the team recalled four players from Wilkes-Barre/Scanton today: Ryan Craig, Nick Johnson, Brett Sterling and Joe Vitale. Maybe they’ll get a shot in the arm from the likes of Sterling? Chances are the team, needs to improve via trade, but you cannot blame Ray Shero for seeing what happens with these minor leaguers.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54