Feb 10, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins managed to win a nice chunk of games without Sidney Crosby and/or Evgeni Malkin this season, but it seems like that lack of offensive punch started to rear its ugly head in their last two games.
Crosby addressed the media about his recovery today, saying that he hopes to return this season but there is “no timetable” for his return.
Crosby admits that it is “impossible to gauge” how long it will take for him to return, but he sure hopes that he’ll play again this season.
NHL.com provides video footage of Crosby’s discussion with the media.
In other Penguins news, the team recalled four players from Wilkes-Barre/Scanton today: Ryan Craig, Nick Johnson, Brett Sterling and Joe Vitale. Maybe they’ll get a shot in the arm from the likes of Sterling? Chances are the team, needs to improve via trade, but you cannot blame Ray Shero for seeing what happens with these minor leaguers.
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 2
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 3
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 9
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 14
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 25
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (79)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)