Feb 10, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
How much did the Anaheim Ducks miss Ryan Getzlaf?
Wednesday’s Goal of the Night basically answers that question in two different ways. When you see Getzlaf’s brilliant moves, including his behind-the-back pass, the answer seems to be “Well, of course they missed him terribly.”
Yet when you study Bobby Ryan‘s almost-nonchalant backhand finish, there’s the second half of that answer: “But not as terribly as one might have expected.”
That’s because Ryan and the rest of the Ducks managed an impressive 10-4-0 record in Getzlaf’s absence. Still, beating the Vancouver Canucks requires a concerted effort. Judging from this clip, the Ducks are very happy to have their power forwards at-or-around full strength.
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 2
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 8
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)