Feb 10, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
How much did the Anaheim Ducks miss Ryan Getzlaf?
Wednesday’s Goal of the Night basically answers that question in two different ways. When you see Getzlaf’s brilliant moves, including his behind-the-back pass, the answer seems to be “Well, of course they missed him terribly.”
Yet when you study Bobby Ryan‘s almost-nonchalant backhand finish, there’s the second half of that answer: “But not as terribly as one might have expected.”
That’s because Ryan and the rest of the Ducks managed an impressive 10-4-0 record in Getzlaf’s absence. Still, beating the Vancouver Canucks requires a concerted effort. Judging from this clip, the Ducks are very happy to have their power forwards at-or-around full strength.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)