Feb 10, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
How much did the Anaheim Ducks miss Ryan Getzlaf?
Wednesday’s Goal of the Night basically answers that question in two different ways. When you see Getzlaf’s brilliant moves, including his behind-the-back pass, the answer seems to be “Well, of course they missed him terribly.”
Yet when you study Bobby Ryan‘s almost-nonchalant backhand finish, there’s the second half of that answer: “But not as terribly as one might have expected.”
That’s because Ryan and the rest of the Ducks managed an impressive 10-4-0 record in Getzlaf’s absence. Still, beating the Vancouver Canucks requires a concerted effort. Judging from this clip, the Ducks are very happy to have their power forwards at-or-around full strength.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 5
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 1
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 17
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)