Feb 10, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
How much did the Anaheim Ducks miss Ryan Getzlaf?
Wednesday’s Goal of the Night basically answers that question in two different ways. When you see Getzlaf’s brilliant moves, including his behind-the-back pass, the answer seems to be “Well, of course they missed him terribly.”
Yet when you study Bobby Ryan‘s almost-nonchalant backhand finish, there’s the second half of that answer: “But not as terribly as one might have expected.”
That’s because Ryan and the rest of the Ducks managed an impressive 10-4-0 record in Getzlaf’s absence. Still, beating the Vancouver Canucks requires a concerted effort. Judging from this clip, the Ducks are very happy to have their power forwards at-or-around full strength.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)