Feb 10, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
How much did the Anaheim Ducks miss Ryan Getzlaf?
Wednesday’s Goal of the Night basically answers that question in two different ways. When you see Getzlaf’s brilliant moves, including his behind-the-back pass, the answer seems to be “Well, of course they missed him terribly.”
Yet when you study Bobby Ryan‘s almost-nonchalant backhand finish, there’s the second half of that answer: “But not as terribly as one might have expected.”
That’s because Ryan and the rest of the Ducks managed an impressive 10-4-0 record in Getzlaf’s absence. Still, beating the Vancouver Canucks requires a concerted effort. Judging from this clip, the Ducks are very happy to have their power forwards at-or-around full strength.
- Wild hand Bryzgalov a training camp tryout 0
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 12
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 5
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 16
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 47
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)