Feb 9, 2011, 7:45 PM EDT
As we discussed earlier this week, Peter Forsberg’s latest NHL comeback with the Colorado Avalanche is being hampered by something other than injuries: he’s battling immigration issues right now.
The Associated Press reports that Forsberg will not play in Colorado’s upcoming game against the Minnesota Wild. In fact, he wasn’t able to join the team in Minnesota at all today as he clears up visa issues in Canada.
The team reports that Forsberg should make his first appearance with the team either against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday or the Nashville Predators on Saturday.
Perhaps the team should wait until Saturday, as it’s probably not a great idea to allow the aging and injury-prone forward to play in to many back-to-back contests. We’ll keep you posted.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 3
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 10
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 35
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)