Feb 9, 2011, 7:45 PM EST
As we discussed earlier this week, Peter Forsberg’s latest NHL comeback with the Colorado Avalanche is being hampered by something other than injuries: he’s battling immigration issues right now.
The Associated Press reports that Forsberg will not play in Colorado’s upcoming game against the Minnesota Wild. In fact, he wasn’t able to join the team in Minnesota at all today as he clears up visa issues in Canada.
The team reports that Forsberg should make his first appearance with the team either against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday or the Nashville Predators on Saturday.
Perhaps the team should wait until Saturday, as it’s probably not a great idea to allow the aging and injury-prone forward to play in to many back-to-back contests. We’ll keep you posted.
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 3
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 15
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10