Feb 9, 2011, 7:45 PM EDT
As we discussed earlier this week, Peter Forsberg’s latest NHL comeback with the Colorado Avalanche is being hampered by something other than injuries: he’s battling immigration issues right now.
The Associated Press reports that Forsberg will not play in Colorado’s upcoming game against the Minnesota Wild. In fact, he wasn’t able to join the team in Minnesota at all today as he clears up visa issues in Canada.
The team reports that Forsberg should make his first appearance with the team either against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday or the Nashville Predators on Saturday.
Perhaps the team should wait until Saturday, as it’s probably not a great idea to allow the aging and injury-prone forward to play in to many back-to-back contests. We’ll keep you posted.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 3
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 4
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 29
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 24
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 61
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12