Feb 9, 2011, 5:17 PM EST
On Februrary 20th, NBC will be going all out with Hockey Day In America.
The day starts off at Noon with hockey coverage on NBC followed at 12:30 with regional coverage across America with three games to be shown in selected markets. Detroit visits Minnesota, Philadelphia goes to New York to take on the Rangers, while the Washington Capitals go to Buffalo to face the Sabres. At 3:30, NBC goes national with coverage of the Pittsburgh Penguins going to Chicago to take on the Blackhawks.
The start of the three regional games will be staggered by 15 minutes each so fans don’t miss out on anything as all four games will be streamed on NBCSports.com. If you’re worried about your game running over into the start of Pittsburgh-Chicago, you’ve got nothing to worry about.
All told it’ll be six straight hours devoted to hockey and we’ve got a video for you to to show off what it’s all about.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 23
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 11
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 76
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (76)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)