Feb 9, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
On Februrary 20th, NBC will be going all out with Hockey Day In America.
The day starts off at Noon with hockey coverage on NBC followed at 12:30 with regional coverage across America with three games to be shown in selected markets. Detroit visits Minnesota, Philadelphia goes to New York to take on the Rangers, while the Washington Capitals go to Buffalo to face the Sabres. At 3:30, NBC goes national with coverage of the Pittsburgh Penguins going to Chicago to take on the Blackhawks.
The start of the three regional games will be staggered by 15 minutes each so fans don’t miss out on anything as all four games will be streamed on NBCSports.com. If you’re worried about your game running over into the start of Pittsburgh-Chicago, you’ve got nothing to worry about.
All told it’ll be six straight hours devoted to hockey and we’ve got a video for you to to show off what it’s all about.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)