Feb 9, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
On Februrary 20th, NBC will be going all out with Hockey Day In America.
The day starts off at Noon with hockey coverage on NBC followed at 12:30 with regional coverage across America with three games to be shown in selected markets. Detroit visits Minnesota, Philadelphia goes to New York to take on the Rangers, while the Washington Capitals go to Buffalo to face the Sabres. At 3:30, NBC goes national with coverage of the Pittsburgh Penguins going to Chicago to take on the Blackhawks.
The start of the three regional games will be staggered by 15 minutes each so fans don’t miss out on anything as all four games will be streamed on NBCSports.com. If you’re worried about your game running over into the start of Pittsburgh-Chicago, you’ve got nothing to worry about.
All told it’ll be six straight hours devoted to hockey and we’ve got a video for you to to show off what it’s all about.
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 8
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)