Feb 9, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
On Februrary 20th, NBC will be going all out with Hockey Day In America.
The day starts off at Noon with hockey coverage on NBC followed at 12:30 with regional coverage across America with three games to be shown in selected markets. Detroit visits Minnesota, Philadelphia goes to New York to take on the Rangers, while the Washington Capitals go to Buffalo to face the Sabres. At 3:30, NBC goes national with coverage of the Pittsburgh Penguins going to Chicago to take on the Blackhawks.
The start of the three regional games will be staggered by 15 minutes each so fans don’t miss out on anything as all four games will be streamed on NBCSports.com. If you’re worried about your game running over into the start of Pittsburgh-Chicago, you’ve got nothing to worry about.
All told it’ll be six straight hours devoted to hockey and we’ve got a video for you to to show off what it’s all about.
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 0
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 20
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 3
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 11
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)