Feb 9, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
On Februrary 20th, NBC will be going all out with Hockey Day In America.
The day starts off at Noon with hockey coverage on NBC followed at 12:30 with regional coverage across America with three games to be shown in selected markets. Detroit visits Minnesota, Philadelphia goes to New York to take on the Rangers, while the Washington Capitals go to Buffalo to face the Sabres. At 3:30, NBC goes national with coverage of the Pittsburgh Penguins going to Chicago to take on the Blackhawks.
The start of the three regional games will be staggered by 15 minutes each so fans don’t miss out on anything as all four games will be streamed on NBCSports.com. If you’re worried about your game running over into the start of Pittsburgh-Chicago, you’ve got nothing to worry about.
All told it’ll be six straight hours devoted to hockey and we’ve got a video for you to to show off what it’s all about.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)