Feb 9, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
While a lot of folks are going to be busy talking about Matt Cooke‘s awful hit on Fedor Tyutin in last night’s Blue Jackets-Penguins tilt, one part of the game that’s flying under the radar is Rick Nash‘s ability to score ridiculous goals.
Early on in the first period against the Penguins, Derick Brassard circled back around in the Penguins zone and he found Nash across the ice. Nash wheeled around and let a shot fly that came so suddenly upon Marc-Andre Fleury that Fleury only had about 95% of the net covered. Unfortunately for him, Nash found the other five percent of open net to put a whistling laser beam of a shot past him to give Columbus a 1-0 lead. The Jackets went on to win 4-1 in Pittsburgh.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)