Feb 9, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
While a lot of folks are going to be busy talking about Matt Cooke‘s awful hit on Fedor Tyutin in last night’s Blue Jackets-Penguins tilt, one part of the game that’s flying under the radar is Rick Nash‘s ability to score ridiculous goals.
Early on in the first period against the Penguins, Derick Brassard circled back around in the Penguins zone and he found Nash across the ice. Nash wheeled around and let a shot fly that came so suddenly upon Marc-Andre Fleury that Fleury only had about 95% of the net covered. Unfortunately for him, Nash found the other five percent of open net to put a whistling laser beam of a shot past him to give Columbus a 1-0 lead. The Jackets went on to win 4-1 in Pittsburgh.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (98)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)