Feb 9, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
While a lot of folks are going to be busy talking about Matt Cooke‘s awful hit on Fedor Tyutin in last night’s Blue Jackets-Penguins tilt, one part of the game that’s flying under the radar is Rick Nash‘s ability to score ridiculous goals.
Early on in the first period against the Penguins, Derick Brassard circled back around in the Penguins zone and he found Nash across the ice. Nash wheeled around and let a shot fly that came so suddenly upon Marc-Andre Fleury that Fleury only had about 95% of the net covered. Unfortunately for him, Nash found the other five percent of open net to put a whistling laser beam of a shot past him to give Columbus a 1-0 lead. The Jackets went on to win 4-1 in Pittsburgh.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 5
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 15
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 17
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (77)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)