Feb 9, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
While a lot of folks are going to be busy talking about Matt Cooke‘s awful hit on Fedor Tyutin in last night’s Blue Jackets-Penguins tilt, one part of the game that’s flying under the radar is Rick Nash‘s ability to score ridiculous goals.
Early on in the first period against the Penguins, Derick Brassard circled back around in the Penguins zone and he found Nash across the ice. Nash wheeled around and let a shot fly that came so suddenly upon Marc-Andre Fleury that Fleury only had about 95% of the net covered. Unfortunately for him, Nash found the other five percent of open net to put a whistling laser beam of a shot past him to give Columbus a 1-0 lead. The Jackets went on to win 4-1 in Pittsburgh.
- Devils re-sign Greene to long-term pact 0
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 35
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 46
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (46)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)