Feb 9, 2011, 8:32 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks actually did pretty well without their captain and top forward Ryan Getzlaf. They went 10-4-0 in the 14 games without Getzlaf as the power forward recovered from a grizzly injury (sinus fractures).
As Joe anticipated, Getzlaf is expected to make his return to the Ducks lineup tonight. The team activated him from the injured reserve and sent Aaron Voros to the AHL’s Syracuse Crunch to make room.
The Ducks are currently in seventh place in the Western Conference, but considering their paper-thin margin of error, Getzlaf’s addition could be very welcome. Unless he cannot get back to speed quickly and the team struggles to integrate him back into the lineup, that is.
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 35
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)