Feb 9, 2011, 8:32 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks actually did pretty well without their captain and top forward Ryan Getzlaf. They went 10-4-0 in the 14 games without Getzlaf as the power forward recovered from a grizzly injury (sinus fractures).
As Joe anticipated, Getzlaf is expected to make his return to the Ducks lineup tonight. The team activated him from the injured reserve and sent Aaron Voros to the AHL’s Syracuse Crunch to make room.
The Ducks are currently in seventh place in the Western Conference, but considering their paper-thin margin of error, Getzlaf’s addition could be very welcome. Unless he cannot get back to speed quickly and the team struggles to integrate him back into the lineup, that is.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 124
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 95
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 107
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (128)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (126)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (113)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (96)