Feb 9, 2011, 8:32 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks actually did pretty well without their captain and top forward Ryan Getzlaf. They went 10-4-0 in the 14 games without Getzlaf as the power forward recovered from a grizzly injury (sinus fractures).
As Joe anticipated, Getzlaf is expected to make his return to the Ducks lineup tonight. The team activated him from the injured reserve and sent Aaron Voros to the AHL’s Syracuse Crunch to make room.
The Ducks are currently in seventh place in the Western Conference, but considering their paper-thin margin of error, Getzlaf’s addition could be very welcome. Unless he cannot get back to speed quickly and the team struggles to integrate him back into the lineup, that is.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)