Feb 9, 2011, 8:32 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks actually did pretty well without their captain and top forward Ryan Getzlaf. They went 10-4-0 in the 14 games without Getzlaf as the power forward recovered from a grizzly injury (sinus fractures).
As Joe anticipated, Getzlaf is expected to make his return to the Ducks lineup tonight. The team activated him from the injured reserve and sent Aaron Voros to the AHL’s Syracuse Crunch to make room.
The Ducks are currently in seventh place in the Western Conference, but considering their paper-thin margin of error, Getzlaf’s addition could be very welcome. Unless he cannot get back to speed quickly and the team struggles to integrate him back into the lineup, that is.
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 17
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 31
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 1
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 58
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 55
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)