Feb 9, 2011, 8:32 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks actually did pretty well without their captain and top forward Ryan Getzlaf. They went 10-4-0 in the 14 games without Getzlaf as the power forward recovered from a grizzly injury (sinus fractures).
As Joe anticipated, Getzlaf is expected to make his return to the Ducks lineup tonight. The team activated him from the injured reserve and sent Aaron Voros to the AHL’s Syracuse Crunch to make room.
The Ducks are currently in seventh place in the Western Conference, but considering their paper-thin margin of error, Getzlaf’s addition could be very welcome. Unless he cannot get back to speed quickly and the team struggles to integrate him back into the lineup, that is.
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 1
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 7
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 15
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 17
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)