Feb 8, 2011, 6:30 PM EDT
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
We’re not going to lie, the poll results for the January 31-February 6th Goal of the Week ended up a little surprising.
It’s not meant to take anything away from the clip Philadelphia Flyers winger Ville Leino produced. His turn-around goal was a great example of why he’s the kind of player who makes the team’s depth so intimidating.
No, it’s surprising because of the brilliance of Nashville Predators’ forward Sergei Kostitsyn’s work.
That being said, we’ll admit this much: Leino’s goal was more important in its context than Kostitsyn’s tally. Check out the poll results.
As you can see, it was a close call between Leino and Kostitsyn. Internet darling Kyle Wellwood also received a nice amount of votes, but not enough to beat Leino.
Here’s the clip of Leino’s goal.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20