Feb 8, 2011, 6:30 PM EST
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
We’re not going to lie, the poll results for the January 31-February 6th Goal of the Week ended up a little surprising.
It’s not meant to take anything away from the clip Philadelphia Flyers winger Ville Leino produced. His turn-around goal was a great example of why he’s the kind of player who makes the team’s depth so intimidating.
No, it’s surprising because of the brilliance of Nashville Predators’ forward Sergei Kostitsyn’s work.
That being said, we’ll admit this much: Leino’s goal was more important in its context than Kostitsyn’s tally. Check out the poll results.
As you can see, it was a close call between Leino and Kostitsyn. Internet darling Kyle Wellwood also received a nice amount of votes, but not enough to beat Leino.
Here’s the clip of Leino’s goal.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 21
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)