Feb 8, 2011, 6:30 PM EDT
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
We’re not going to lie, the poll results for the January 31-February 6th Goal of the Week ended up a little surprising.
It’s not meant to take anything away from the clip Philadelphia Flyers winger Ville Leino produced. His turn-around goal was a great example of why he’s the kind of player who makes the team’s depth so intimidating.
No, it’s surprising because of the brilliance of Nashville Predators’ forward Sergei Kostitsyn’s work.
That being said, we’ll admit this much: Leino’s goal was more important in its context than Kostitsyn’s tally. Check out the poll results.
As you can see, it was a close call between Leino and Kostitsyn. Internet darling Kyle Wellwood also received a nice amount of votes, but not enough to beat Leino.
Here’s the clip of Leino’s goal.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 0
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 1
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 4
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5