Feb 8, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
By just about any measure, Monday was a bad night for the Atlanta Thrashers.
The floundering group dropped their fourth consecutive team to the mediocre Toronto Maple Leafs, the cherry on top of a two-win month. Obviously Atlanta isn’t that far behind eighth place Carolina (the Hurricanes only own games in hand over the Thrashers, not even points), but that shouldn’t dull the tension.
Perhaps the only comforting moments came when Dustin Byfuglien finally broke his 13-game goal scoring drought and when Ondrej Pavelec made an absolutely brilliant stop on Tyler Bozak. Both important Thrashers combined for a stomach-turning clip as Byfuglien coughed up an awful turnover to set the table for a Nikolai Kulemin goal, but at least they can watch this Save of the Night winner for some comfort.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 5
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 13
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 10
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5