Feb 8, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
By just about any measure, Monday was a bad night for the Atlanta Thrashers.
The floundering group dropped their fourth consecutive team to the mediocre Toronto Maple Leafs, the cherry on top of a two-win month. Obviously Atlanta isn’t that far behind eighth place Carolina (the Hurricanes only own games in hand over the Thrashers, not even points), but that shouldn’t dull the tension.
Perhaps the only comforting moments came when Dustin Byfuglien finally broke his 13-game goal scoring drought and when Ondrej Pavelec made an absolutely brilliant stop on Tyler Bozak. Both important Thrashers combined for a stomach-turning clip as Byfuglien coughed up an awful turnover to set the table for a Nikolai Kulemin goal, but at least they can watch this Save of the Night winner for some comfort.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)