Feb 7, 2011, 10:42 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The life of a NHL goalie isn’t an easy one. St. Louis’ Ty Conklin got a taste of it yesterday in overtime against the Lightning when Marc-Andre Bergeron’s slapshot came his way and the only way to stop it was with his face. That’s a nice how-do-you-do after playing nearly 65 minutes of hockey.
The bummer for Conklin is that the Lightning would end up winning the game after this play thanks to Vincent Lecavalier‘s overtime winner. We’re doubting the shot off the mask might’ve still had Conklin’s head buzzing but you never know these days. After stopping a shot like that, Conklin might actually be relieved when Jaroslav Halak returns to the lineup.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 60
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 35
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 31
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 19
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 53
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)