Feb 7, 2011, 10:42 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The life of a NHL goalie isn’t an easy one. St. Louis’ Ty Conklin got a taste of it yesterday in overtime against the Lightning when Marc-Andre Bergeron’s slapshot came his way and the only way to stop it was with his face. That’s a nice how-do-you-do after playing nearly 65 minutes of hockey.
The bummer for Conklin is that the Lightning would end up winning the game after this play thanks to Vincent Lecavalier‘s overtime winner. We’re doubting the shot off the mask might’ve still had Conklin’s head buzzing but you never know these days. After stopping a shot like that, Conklin might actually be relieved when Jaroslav Halak returns to the lineup.
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 24
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 14
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 27
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)