Feb 7, 2011, 10:42 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The life of a NHL goalie isn’t an easy one. St. Louis’ Ty Conklin got a taste of it yesterday in overtime against the Lightning when Marc-Andre Bergeron’s slapshot came his way and the only way to stop it was with his face. That’s a nice how-do-you-do after playing nearly 65 minutes of hockey.
The bummer for Conklin is that the Lightning would end up winning the game after this play thanks to Vincent Lecavalier‘s overtime winner. We’re doubting the shot off the mask might’ve still had Conklin’s head buzzing but you never know these days. After stopping a shot like that, Conklin might actually be relieved when Jaroslav Halak returns to the lineup.
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 1
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 3
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)