Feb 7, 2011, 10:42 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The life of a NHL goalie isn’t an easy one. St. Louis’ Ty Conklin got a taste of it yesterday in overtime against the Lightning when Marc-Andre Bergeron’s slapshot came his way and the only way to stop it was with his face. That’s a nice how-do-you-do after playing nearly 65 minutes of hockey.
The bummer for Conklin is that the Lightning would end up winning the game after this play thanks to Vincent Lecavalier‘s overtime winner. We’re doubting the shot off the mask might’ve still had Conklin’s head buzzing but you never know these days. After stopping a shot like that, Conklin might actually be relieved when Jaroslav Halak returns to the lineup.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 9
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 11
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 68
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 49
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (85)