Feb 7, 2011, 10:42 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The life of a NHL goalie isn’t an easy one. St. Louis’ Ty Conklin got a taste of it yesterday in overtime against the Lightning when Marc-Andre Bergeron’s slapshot came his way and the only way to stop it was with his face. That’s a nice how-do-you-do after playing nearly 65 minutes of hockey.
The bummer for Conklin is that the Lightning would end up winning the game after this play thanks to Vincent Lecavalier‘s overtime winner. We’re doubting the shot off the mask might’ve still had Conklin’s head buzzing but you never know these days. After stopping a shot like that, Conklin might actually be relieved when Jaroslav Halak returns to the lineup.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5