Feb 7, 2011, 1:56 PM EDT
Offense has disappeared in the last two games for the Detroit Red Wings after being shutout by Columbus and Nashville. Tonight against the Rangers they’ll get a key piece to their offensive game back tonight in Pavel Datsyuk.
Datsyuk has been out since December 22nd and missed 19 games with a broken hand. In that time, Detroit has gone 10-7-2 and with their recent offensive woes have seemed worse for wear without Datsyuk. Injury problems have plagued the Red Wings lately but with Dan Cleary returning recently and Datsyuk back now things are getting better.
Tomas Holmstrom and Brad Stuart will be back soon as well for Detroit. In the meantime, they’ll have to do their part to hold off the Nashville Predators who lay in wait in second place in the Central Division.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 0
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 15
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 16
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)