Feb 7, 2011, 1:56 PM EDT
Offense has disappeared in the last two games for the Detroit Red Wings after being shutout by Columbus and Nashville. Tonight against the Rangers they’ll get a key piece to their offensive game back tonight in Pavel Datsyuk.
Datsyuk has been out since December 22nd and missed 19 games with a broken hand. In that time, Detroit has gone 10-7-2 and with their recent offensive woes have seemed worse for wear without Datsyuk. Injury problems have plagued the Red Wings lately but with Dan Cleary returning recently and Datsyuk back now things are getting better.
Tomas Holmstrom and Brad Stuart will be back soon as well for Detroit. In the meantime, they’ll have to do their part to hold off the Nashville Predators who lay in wait in second place in the Central Division.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5