Feb 7, 2011, 1:56 PM EDT
Offense has disappeared in the last two games for the Detroit Red Wings after being shutout by Columbus and Nashville. Tonight against the Rangers they’ll get a key piece to their offensive game back tonight in Pavel Datsyuk.
Datsyuk has been out since December 22nd and missed 19 games with a broken hand. In that time, Detroit has gone 10-7-2 and with their recent offensive woes have seemed worse for wear without Datsyuk. Injury problems have plagued the Red Wings lately but with Dan Cleary returning recently and Datsyuk back now things are getting better.
Tomas Holmstrom and Brad Stuart will be back soon as well for Detroit. In the meantime, they’ll have to do their part to hold off the Nashville Predators who lay in wait in second place in the Central Division.
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 32
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 14
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 14
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 65
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 26
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 46
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)