Feb 7, 2011, 1:56 PM EST
Offense has disappeared in the last two games for the Detroit Red Wings after being shutout by Columbus and Nashville. Tonight against the Rangers they’ll get a key piece to their offensive game back tonight in Pavel Datsyuk.
Datsyuk has been out since December 22nd and missed 19 games with a broken hand. In that time, Detroit has gone 10-7-2 and with their recent offensive woes have seemed worse for wear without Datsyuk. Injury problems have plagued the Red Wings lately but with Dan Cleary returning recently and Datsyuk back now things are getting better.
Tomas Holmstrom and Brad Stuart will be back soon as well for Detroit. In the meantime, they’ll have to do their part to hold off the Nashville Predators who lay in wait in second place in the Central Division.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 19
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 44
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9