Feb 7, 2011, 7:21 PM EDT
It’s unclear what the latest Peter Forsberg Comeback Tour will ultimately resemble; it could be a train wreck or a pleasant cruise down memory lane. Yet even the most ardent supporters of the future Hall of Famer’s return would probably admit that it will have its fair share of bumpy moments.
While most of those problems will likely be related to his health – particularly an eternally wonky foot – immigration issues present the latest hurdle for the return of Foppa.
The Globe & Mail reports that Forsberg “left the country” to sort out his immigration status after participating in a morning skate with the Colorado Avalanche. The veteran forward has already been ruled out for tonight’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes, but it remains to be seen if he can get things sorted out soon enough to play against the Minnesota Wild on Wednesday or the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 4
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 33
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)