Feb 7, 2011, 7:21 PM EST
It’s unclear what the latest Peter Forsberg Comeback Tour will ultimately resemble; it could be a train wreck or a pleasant cruise down memory lane. Yet even the most ardent supporters of the future Hall of Famer’s return would probably admit that it will have its fair share of bumpy moments.
While most of those problems will likely be related to his health – particularly an eternally wonky foot – immigration issues present the latest hurdle for the return of Foppa.
The Globe & Mail reports that Forsberg “left the country” to sort out his immigration status after participating in a morning skate with the Colorado Avalanche. The veteran forward has already been ruled out for tonight’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes, but it remains to be seen if he can get things sorted out soon enough to play against the Minnesota Wild on Wednesday or the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)