Feb 7, 2011, 7:21 PM EDT
It’s unclear what the latest Peter Forsberg Comeback Tour will ultimately resemble; it could be a train wreck or a pleasant cruise down memory lane. Yet even the most ardent supporters of the future Hall of Famer’s return would probably admit that it will have its fair share of bumpy moments.
While most of those problems will likely be related to his health – particularly an eternally wonky foot – immigration issues present the latest hurdle for the return of Foppa.
The Globe & Mail reports that Forsberg “left the country” to sort out his immigration status after participating in a morning skate with the Colorado Avalanche. The veteran forward has already been ruled out for tonight’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes, but it remains to be seen if he can get things sorted out soon enough to play against the Minnesota Wild on Wednesday or the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 29
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 87
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (88)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)