Feb 7, 2011, 7:21 PM EDT
It’s unclear what the latest Peter Forsberg Comeback Tour will ultimately resemble; it could be a train wreck or a pleasant cruise down memory lane. Yet even the most ardent supporters of the future Hall of Famer’s return would probably admit that it will have its fair share of bumpy moments.
While most of those problems will likely be related to his health – particularly an eternally wonky foot – immigration issues present the latest hurdle for the return of Foppa.
The Globe & Mail reports that Forsberg “left the country” to sort out his immigration status after participating in a morning skate with the Colorado Avalanche. The veteran forward has already been ruled out for tonight’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes, but it remains to be seen if he can get things sorted out soon enough to play against the Minnesota Wild on Wednesday or the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 3
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 10
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)