Feb 6, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Today’s Washington 3-0 win over Pittsburgh didn’t see Alex Ovechkin lighting the lamp for the Capitals but it did feature a hard-nosed effort from the Capitals against a tough Penguins team.
Mike Knuble capped things off with an empty net goal to help the Caps snap the Penguins five-game winning streak and give the Capitals a two-game win streak of their own. Check out the goals in our video.
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 0
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 0
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 27
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 97
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 8
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36