Feb 6, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
The Central Division-leading Detroit Red Wings and Northeast Division’s top team the Boston Bruins will square off in a home-and-home series next weekend, with Sunday’s game being the next NBC Game of the Week.
The two teams can bring offense and great defense to the table, as the Bruins sport mammoth defenseman Zdeno Chara while the Red Wings employ age-less wonder Nicklas Lidstrom. Tim Thomas will be put to the test against Detroit’s creative (if currently struggling) attack while Jimmy Howard will be tested by red-hot Patrice Bergeron and the varied Bruins offense.
These teams don’t meet often, but it’s not outside the realm of possibility that the two could square off in this year’s Stanley Cup finals.
Doc Emrick and Eddie Olczyk provide a preview for this intriguing matchup, which will take place at 12:30 pm ET at Joe Louis Arena.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 23
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)