Feb 6, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
The Central Division-leading Detroit Red Wings and Northeast Division’s top team the Boston Bruins will square off in a home-and-home series next weekend, with Sunday’s game being the next NBC Game of the Week.
The two teams can bring offense and great defense to the table, as the Bruins sport mammoth defenseman Zdeno Chara while the Red Wings employ age-less wonder Nicklas Lidstrom. Tim Thomas will be put to the test against Detroit’s creative (if currently struggling) attack while Jimmy Howard will be tested by red-hot Patrice Bergeron and the varied Bruins offense.
These teams don’t meet often, but it’s not outside the realm of possibility that the two could square off in this year’s Stanley Cup finals.
Doc Emrick and Eddie Olczyk provide a preview for this intriguing matchup, which will take place at 12:30 pm ET at Joe Louis Arena.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)