Feb 6, 2011, 3:41 PM EDT
In case you weren’t aware by now, the Washington Capitals have had some issues in recent seasons in the playoffs. Last year they bowed out in the first round as the top seed in the East to the bottom-seeded Montreal Canadiens.
Caps defenseman Mike Green talked to NBC about what the Caps have done wrong in the past and how they’re learning from past failures to put it together this year.
Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury then break down what they think the Caps need to do come playoff time to get over their playoff issues this year in a top-heavy Eastern Conference.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 22
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 133
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 81
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7