Feb 6, 2011, 3:41 PM EDT
In case you weren’t aware by now, the Washington Capitals have had some issues in recent seasons in the playoffs. Last year they bowed out in the first round as the top seed in the East to the bottom-seeded Montreal Canadiens.
Caps defenseman Mike Green talked to NBC about what the Caps have done wrong in the past and how they’re learning from past failures to put it together this year.
Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury then break down what they think the Caps need to do come playoff time to get over their playoff issues this year in a top-heavy Eastern Conference.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 14
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 1
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 16
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13