Feb 6, 2011, 3:41 PM EDT
In case you weren’t aware by now, the Washington Capitals have had some issues in recent seasons in the playoffs. Last year they bowed out in the first round as the top seed in the East to the bottom-seeded Montreal Canadiens.
Caps defenseman Mike Green talked to NBC about what the Caps have done wrong in the past and how they’re learning from past failures to put it together this year.
Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury then break down what they think the Caps need to do come playoff time to get over their playoff issues this year in a top-heavy Eastern Conference.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)