Feb 6, 2011, 3:41 PM EDT
In case you weren’t aware by now, the Washington Capitals have had some issues in recent seasons in the playoffs. Last year they bowed out in the first round as the top seed in the East to the bottom-seeded Montreal Canadiens.
Caps defenseman Mike Green talked to NBC about what the Caps have done wrong in the past and how they’re learning from past failures to put it together this year.
Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury then break down what they think the Caps need to do come playoff time to get over their playoff issues this year in a top-heavy Eastern Conference.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 6
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36