Feb 6, 2011, 4:42 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils reported that future Hall of Fame goalie Martin Brodeur left today’s game against the Montreal Canadiens with a bruise and will not return for “precautionary reasons.” Elliotte Friedman elaborates a little further that it might be a knee injury, although it’s unclear how severe the problem might be.
It’s been a rough season for Brodeur and the Devils overall, although both the goalie and the team have been playing much better lately. Marty has seven wins in his last nine starts, with only one regulation loss coming in that span.
We’ll keep you updated regarding Brodeur’s status. The Devils are currently holding a 3-1 lead, with that single goal being allowed by Johan Hedberg in relief.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 3
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 20
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 81
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 79
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 0
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 17
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 16
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (83)
- Stoll charged with cocaine possession, but not MDMA possession (82)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (81)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)