Feb 6, 2011, 4:42 PM EST
The New Jersey Devils reported that future Hall of Fame goalie Martin Brodeur left today’s game against the Montreal Canadiens with a bruise and will not return for “precautionary reasons.” Elliotte Friedman elaborates a little further that it might be a knee injury, although it’s unclear how severe the problem might be.
It’s been a rough season for Brodeur and the Devils overall, although both the goalie and the team have been playing much better lately. Marty has seven wins in his last nine starts, with only one regulation loss coming in that span.
We’ll keep you updated regarding Brodeur’s status. The Devils are currently holding a 3-1 lead, with that single goal being allowed by Johan Hedberg in relief.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)