Feb 6, 2011, 4:42 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils reported that future Hall of Fame goalie Martin Brodeur left today’s game against the Montreal Canadiens with a bruise and will not return for “precautionary reasons.” Elliotte Friedman elaborates a little further that it might be a knee injury, although it’s unclear how severe the problem might be.
It’s been a rough season for Brodeur and the Devils overall, although both the goalie and the team have been playing much better lately. Marty has seven wins in his last nine starts, with only one regulation loss coming in that span.
We’ll keep you updated regarding Brodeur’s status. The Devils are currently holding a 3-1 lead, with that single goal being allowed by Johan Hedberg in relief.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)