Feb 6, 2011, 4:42 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils reported that future Hall of Fame goalie Martin Brodeur left today’s game against the Montreal Canadiens with a bruise and will not return for “precautionary reasons.” Elliotte Friedman elaborates a little further that it might be a knee injury, although it’s unclear how severe the problem might be.
It’s been a rough season for Brodeur and the Devils overall, although both the goalie and the team have been playing much better lately. Marty has seven wins in his last nine starts, with only one regulation loss coming in that span.
We’ll keep you updated regarding Brodeur’s status. The Devils are currently holding a 3-1 lead, with that single goal being allowed by Johan Hedberg in relief.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 4
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 35
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)