Feb 6, 2011, 4:42 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils reported that future Hall of Fame goalie Martin Brodeur left today’s game against the Montreal Canadiens with a bruise and will not return for “precautionary reasons.” Elliotte Friedman elaborates a little further that it might be a knee injury, although it’s unclear how severe the problem might be.
It’s been a rough season for Brodeur and the Devils overall, although both the goalie and the team have been playing much better lately. Marty has seven wins in his last nine starts, with only one regulation loss coming in that span.
We’ll keep you updated regarding Brodeur’s status. The Devils are currently holding a 3-1 lead, with that single goal being allowed by Johan Hedberg in relief.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 3
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 23
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 22
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)