Feb 6, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
When asked about his former teammate, Patrick Kane expressed disbelief that Sergei Kostitsyn‘s NHL career has been so troubled. After all, it began in earnest when Sergei joined his comparatively stable brother Andrei in Montreal. At first it seemed that the Kostitsyn brothers might push the Sedin twins for the title of the most entertaining sibling teammates, even if they were far behind in the novelty category.
Of course, that was not to be, as Sergei struggled on and off the ice in the Montreal system.
He joined the Nashville Predators this off-season, and while he hasn’t set the world on fire, Kostitsyn already set a new career high for goals (16) and points (30) this season. If anything spotlights a potential improvement in spirits and overall luck, it is his unsustainable 24.1 shooting percentage so far in 2010-11.
Kostitsyn scored two of Nashville’s goals in their 3-0 shutout last night and it’s hard to imagine that any of his 38 career goals were any prettier that this astounding one handed breakaway beauty. Expect this Goal of the Night winner to push for the Goal of the Week award too.
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 2
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 1
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 16
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 31
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)