Feb 6, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
When asked about his former teammate, Patrick Kane expressed disbelief that Sergei Kostitsyn‘s NHL career has been so troubled. After all, it began in earnest when Sergei joined his comparatively stable brother Andrei in Montreal. At first it seemed that the Kostitsyn brothers might push the Sedin twins for the title of the most entertaining sibling teammates, even if they were far behind in the novelty category.
Of course, that was not to be, as Sergei struggled on and off the ice in the Montreal system.
He joined the Nashville Predators this off-season, and while he hasn’t set the world on fire, Kostitsyn already set a new career high for goals (16) and points (30) this season. If anything spotlights a potential improvement in spirits and overall luck, it is his unsustainable 24.1 shooting percentage so far in 2010-11.
Kostitsyn scored two of Nashville’s goals in their 3-0 shutout last night and it’s hard to imagine that any of his 38 career goals were any prettier that this astounding one handed breakaway beauty. Expect this Goal of the Night winner to push for the Goal of the Week award too.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)