Feb 6, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
When asked about his former teammate, Patrick Kane expressed disbelief that Sergei Kostitsyn‘s NHL career has been so troubled. After all, it began in earnest when Sergei joined his comparatively stable brother Andrei in Montreal. At first it seemed that the Kostitsyn brothers might push the Sedin twins for the title of the most entertaining sibling teammates, even if they were far behind in the novelty category.
Of course, that was not to be, as Sergei struggled on and off the ice in the Montreal system.
He joined the Nashville Predators this off-season, and while he hasn’t set the world on fire, Kostitsyn already set a new career high for goals (16) and points (30) this season. If anything spotlights a potential improvement in spirits and overall luck, it is his unsustainable 24.1 shooting percentage so far in 2010-11.
Kostitsyn scored two of Nashville’s goals in their 3-0 shutout last night and it’s hard to imagine that any of his 38 career goals were any prettier that this astounding one handed breakaway beauty. Expect this Goal of the Night winner to push for the Goal of the Week award too.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)