Feb 6, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
When asked about his former teammate, Patrick Kane expressed disbelief that Sergei Kostitsyn‘s NHL career has been so troubled. After all, it began in earnest when Sergei joined his comparatively stable brother Andrei in Montreal. At first it seemed that the Kostitsyn brothers might push the Sedin twins for the title of the most entertaining sibling teammates, even if they were far behind in the novelty category.
Of course, that was not to be, as Sergei struggled on and off the ice in the Montreal system.
He joined the Nashville Predators this off-season, and while he hasn’t set the world on fire, Kostitsyn already set a new career high for goals (16) and points (30) this season. If anything spotlights a potential improvement in spirits and overall luck, it is his unsustainable 24.1 shooting percentage so far in 2010-11.
Kostitsyn scored two of Nashville’s goals in their 3-0 shutout last night and it’s hard to imagine that any of his 38 career goals were any prettier that this astounding one handed breakaway beauty. Expect this Goal of the Night winner to push for the Goal of the Week award too.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 23
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 40
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 24
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6