Feb 6, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
When asked about his former teammate, Patrick Kane expressed disbelief that Sergei Kostitsyn‘s NHL career has been so troubled. After all, it began in earnest when Sergei joined his comparatively stable brother Andrei in Montreal. At first it seemed that the Kostitsyn brothers might push the Sedin twins for the title of the most entertaining sibling teammates, even if they were far behind in the novelty category.
Of course, that was not to be, as Sergei struggled on and off the ice in the Montreal system.
He joined the Nashville Predators this off-season, and while he hasn’t set the world on fire, Kostitsyn already set a new career high for goals (16) and points (30) this season. If anything spotlights a potential improvement in spirits and overall luck, it is his unsustainable 24.1 shooting percentage so far in 2010-11.
Kostitsyn scored two of Nashville’s goals in their 3-0 shutout last night and it’s hard to imagine that any of his 38 career goals were any prettier that this astounding one handed breakaway beauty. Expect this Goal of the Night winner to push for the Goal of the Week award too.
- ‘We’re going into the cage,’ says Kings’ coach Sutter about Game 5 0
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 21
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 53
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)