Feb 6, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
For better or for worse, Peter Forsberg decided to resume his NHL career with the Colorado Avalanche, according to Adrian Dater. Dater reports that Forsberg will not play in Monday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes, though.
Forsberg needed to make a decision (and sign a contract) by the end of today to be able to travel with the team and continue his training regimen. Naturally, his health issues dictate that his actual return to game action still must be seen to be believed.
The Avalanche have lost four games in a row and are fading out of the Western Conference playoff picture, so perhaps Forsberg’s offensive instincts will give the Avs an eventual spark. The exact details of the contract (term and salary) are unclear at this time, but it would almost certainly be of the one-year variety.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 9
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)