Feb 6, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
For better or for worse, Peter Forsberg decided to resume his NHL career with the Colorado Avalanche, according to Adrian Dater. Dater reports that Forsberg will not play in Monday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes, though.
Forsberg needed to make a decision (and sign a contract) by the end of today to be able to travel with the team and continue his training regimen. Naturally, his health issues dictate that his actual return to game action still must be seen to be believed.
The Avalanche have lost four games in a row and are fading out of the Western Conference playoff picture, so perhaps Forsberg’s offensive instincts will give the Avs an eventual spark. The exact details of the contract (term and salary) are unclear at this time, but it would almost certainly be of the one-year variety.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)