Feb 6, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
For better or for worse, Peter Forsberg decided to resume his NHL career with the Colorado Avalanche, according to Adrian Dater. Dater reports that Forsberg will not play in Monday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes, though.
Forsberg needed to make a decision (and sign a contract) by the end of today to be able to travel with the team and continue his training regimen. Naturally, his health issues dictate that his actual return to game action still must be seen to be believed.
The Avalanche have lost four games in a row and are fading out of the Western Conference playoff picture, so perhaps Forsberg’s offensive instincts will give the Avs an eventual spark. The exact details of the contract (term and salary) are unclear at this time, but it would almost certainly be of the one-year variety.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32