Feb 5, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
We’ll have the rest of tonight’s starters later in the afternoon.
San Jose @ Boston – 1 p.m.
San Jose’s starter: Antti Niemi will get the start. His backup, however, will be youngster Carter Hutton instead of Alex Stalock. Stalock was hurt during his start for AHL Worcester last night so Hutton gets the call to backup Niemi instead. (Source)
Boston’s starter: Tim Thomas gets the start in goal for Boston. (Source)
NY Rangers @ Montreal – 2 p.m.
New York’s starter: It will be Martin Biron getting the afternoon start against the Canadiens. (Source)
Montreal’s starter: As per usual, Carey Price will start in goal for the Habs. (Source)
Anaheim @ Colorado – 3 p.m.
Anaheim’s starter: Curtis McElhinney gets the rare start in goal as Jonas Hiller is getting a full day’s rest because of fatigue. If McElhinney gets in trouble, Timo Pielmeier will be backing him up. (Source)
Colorado’s starter: Peter Budaj gets the call in goal to try to help the Avs string some wins together. (Source)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)