Feb 5, 2011, 12:05 PM EST
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
We’ll have the rest of tonight’s starters later in the afternoon.
San Jose @ Boston – 1 p.m.
San Jose’s starter: Antti Niemi will get the start. His backup, however, will be youngster Carter Hutton instead of Alex Stalock. Stalock was hurt during his start for AHL Worcester last night so Hutton gets the call to backup Niemi instead. (Source)
Boston’s starter: Tim Thomas gets the start in goal for Boston. (Source)
NY Rangers @ Montreal – 2 p.m.
New York’s starter: It will be Martin Biron getting the afternoon start against the Canadiens. (Source)
Montreal’s starter: As per usual, Carey Price will start in goal for the Habs. (Source)
Anaheim @ Colorado – 3 p.m.
Anaheim’s starter: Curtis McElhinney gets the rare start in goal as Jonas Hiller is getting a full day’s rest because of fatigue. If McElhinney gets in trouble, Timo Pielmeier will be backing him up. (Source)
Colorado’s starter: Peter Budaj gets the call in goal to try to help the Avs string some wins together. (Source)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 8
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 2
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 86
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 81
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (81)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)