Feb 5, 2011, 12:05 PM EST
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
We’ll have the rest of tonight’s starters later in the afternoon.
San Jose @ Boston – 1 p.m.
San Jose’s starter: Antti Niemi will get the start. His backup, however, will be youngster Carter Hutton instead of Alex Stalock. Stalock was hurt during his start for AHL Worcester last night so Hutton gets the call to backup Niemi instead. (Source)
Boston’s starter: Tim Thomas gets the start in goal for Boston. (Source)
NY Rangers @ Montreal – 2 p.m.
New York’s starter: It will be Martin Biron getting the afternoon start against the Canadiens. (Source)
Montreal’s starter: As per usual, Carey Price will start in goal for the Habs. (Source)
Anaheim @ Colorado – 3 p.m.
Anaheim’s starter: Curtis McElhinney gets the rare start in goal as Jonas Hiller is getting a full day’s rest because of fatigue. If McElhinney gets in trouble, Timo Pielmeier will be backing him up. (Source)
Colorado’s starter: Peter Budaj gets the call in goal to try to help the Avs string some wins together. (Source)
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 12
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 76
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2