Feb 5, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
We’ll have the rest of tonight’s starters later in the afternoon.
San Jose @ Boston – 1 p.m.
San Jose’s starter: Antti Niemi will get the start. His backup, however, will be youngster Carter Hutton instead of Alex Stalock. Stalock was hurt during his start for AHL Worcester last night so Hutton gets the call to backup Niemi instead. (Source)
Boston’s starter: Tim Thomas gets the start in goal for Boston. (Source)
NY Rangers @ Montreal – 2 p.m.
New York’s starter: It will be Martin Biron getting the afternoon start against the Canadiens. (Source)
Montreal’s starter: As per usual, Carey Price will start in goal for the Habs. (Source)
Anaheim @ Colorado – 3 p.m.
Anaheim’s starter: Curtis McElhinney gets the rare start in goal as Jonas Hiller is getting a full day’s rest because of fatigue. If McElhinney gets in trouble, Timo Pielmeier will be backing him up. (Source)
Colorado’s starter: Peter Budaj gets the call in goal to try to help the Avs string some wins together. (Source)
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)