Feb 5, 2011, 12:05 PM EST
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
We’ll have the rest of tonight’s starters later in the afternoon.
San Jose @ Boston – 1 p.m.
San Jose’s starter: Antti Niemi will get the start. His backup, however, will be youngster Carter Hutton instead of Alex Stalock. Stalock was hurt during his start for AHL Worcester last night so Hutton gets the call to backup Niemi instead. (Source)
Boston’s starter: Tim Thomas gets the start in goal for Boston. (Source)
NY Rangers @ Montreal – 2 p.m.
New York’s starter: It will be Martin Biron getting the afternoon start against the Canadiens. (Source)
Montreal’s starter: As per usual, Carey Price will start in goal for the Habs. (Source)
Anaheim @ Colorado – 3 p.m.
Anaheim’s starter: Curtis McElhinney gets the rare start in goal as Jonas Hiller is getting a full day’s rest because of fatigue. If McElhinney gets in trouble, Timo Pielmeier will be backing him up. (Source)
Colorado’s starter: Peter Budaj gets the call in goal to try to help the Avs string some wins together. (Source)
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54