Feb 5, 2011, 1:39 PM EDT
Scoring goals has been an issue of late for the Nashville Predators. They’ve lost their last four games and they haven’t scored more than two goals in any of them. That’s a major problem forcing your goalies to have to be other-worldly to get wins and that’s why they’ll be excited to get Steve Sullivan back on the ice tonight against Detroit.
Sullivan has been out since December 23rd with a lower body injury and the NHL veteran’s presence has been missed for sure. In the 18 games he’s missed, the Predators have gone 10-7-1 but they’ve been plagued by inconsistency throughout that stretch. Lately, Pekka Rinne and Anders Lindback have played well in goal only to be let down by their offense. Sullivan’s ability to score goals and set others up offensively will help out.
In 34 games this year, Sullivan has 10 goals and 10 assists. It hasn’t been the biggest offensive year for him, but it’s more than enough to help compliment the rest of the team and provide a spark to a sputtering offense.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 14
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 14
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)