Feb 5, 2011, 1:39 PM EST
Scoring goals has been an issue of late for the Nashville Predators. They’ve lost their last four games and they haven’t scored more than two goals in any of them. That’s a major problem forcing your goalies to have to be other-worldly to get wins and that’s why they’ll be excited to get Steve Sullivan back on the ice tonight against Detroit.
Sullivan has been out since December 23rd with a lower body injury and the NHL veteran’s presence has been missed for sure. In the 18 games he’s missed, the Predators have gone 10-7-1 but they’ve been plagued by inconsistency throughout that stretch. Lately, Pekka Rinne and Anders Lindback have played well in goal only to be let down by their offense. Sullivan’s ability to score goals and set others up offensively will help out.
In 34 games this year, Sullivan has 10 goals and 10 assists. It hasn’t been the biggest offensive year for him, but it’s more than enough to help compliment the rest of the team and provide a spark to a sputtering offense.
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 8
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 9
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 13
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 33
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2