Feb 5, 2011, 1:39 PM EDT
Scoring goals has been an issue of late for the Nashville Predators. They’ve lost their last four games and they haven’t scored more than two goals in any of them. That’s a major problem forcing your goalies to have to be other-worldly to get wins and that’s why they’ll be excited to get Steve Sullivan back on the ice tonight against Detroit.
Sullivan has been out since December 23rd with a lower body injury and the NHL veteran’s presence has been missed for sure. In the 18 games he’s missed, the Predators have gone 10-7-1 but they’ve been plagued by inconsistency throughout that stretch. Lately, Pekka Rinne and Anders Lindback have played well in goal only to be let down by their offense. Sullivan’s ability to score goals and set others up offensively will help out.
In 34 games this year, Sullivan has 10 goals and 10 assists. It hasn’t been the biggest offensive year for him, but it’s more than enough to help compliment the rest of the team and provide a spark to a sputtering offense.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 12
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 39
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)