Feb 5, 2011, 1:39 PM EDT
Scoring goals has been an issue of late for the Nashville Predators. They’ve lost their last four games and they haven’t scored more than two goals in any of them. That’s a major problem forcing your goalies to have to be other-worldly to get wins and that’s why they’ll be excited to get Steve Sullivan back on the ice tonight against Detroit.
Sullivan has been out since December 23rd with a lower body injury and the NHL veteran’s presence has been missed for sure. In the 18 games he’s missed, the Predators have gone 10-7-1 but they’ve been plagued by inconsistency throughout that stretch. Lately, Pekka Rinne and Anders Lindback have played well in goal only to be let down by their offense. Sullivan’s ability to score goals and set others up offensively will help out.
In 34 games this year, Sullivan has 10 goals and 10 assists. It hasn’t been the biggest offensive year for him, but it’s more than enough to help compliment the rest of the team and provide a spark to a sputtering offense.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 32
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)