Feb 5, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Ty Conklin’s start against the Oilers last night was a bit of a last-second surprise for the backup goalie. Jaroslav Halak wasn’t feeling right and Conklin got a shot against a former team. The play paid off as the Blues held on to win 5-3 and much of that was in part thanks to one particular save Conklin made as Swedish youngsters Linus Omark and Magnus Paajarvi teamed up to nearly put together an incredible goal.
Omark slipped a pass out in front of Conklin to Paajarvi who was parked by the far post. Instead, Conklin shut the door with a stretching pad save to deny Paajarvi the goal. Check it out in the video.
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 0
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 46
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL