Feb 4, 2011, 12:10 AM EDT
Colorado hadn’t played a game in more than a week and it showed tonight. The Avalanche allowed two goals in the game’s opening minute (OK, 61 seconds) before giving the Wild a run for their money. This marks Minnesota’s sixth win in seven games, reinforcing the fact that there just isn’t much certainty in the West.
Andrew Brunette scored two goals, Kyle Brodziak scored the opener and Pierre-Marc Bouchard earned the game winner for Minnesota. Milan Hejduk scored two goals of his own for Colorado, while Chris Stewart also found the twine.
Earlier today, I referred to the Dallas Stars’ decision to quickly yank Andrew Raycroft as “pulling a Jose Theodore” but that was a little unfair. After all, Raycroft has been pulling a Theodore in a different way this season by being a great backup. Theo helped the Wild win by making 38 out of 41 saves in this one. Craig Anderson allowed two more goals after those two quick ones in the first minute of the game.
Minnesota is now in seventh place with 59 points and 27 wins in 51 games played. Colorado is already down to 12th, despite only being three points behind at 56 (with 25 wins in 51 games).
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 0
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 6
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)