Feb 4, 2011, 12:10 AM EDT
Colorado hadn’t played a game in more than a week and it showed tonight. The Avalanche allowed two goals in the game’s opening minute (OK, 61 seconds) before giving the Wild a run for their money. This marks Minnesota’s sixth win in seven games, reinforcing the fact that there just isn’t much certainty in the West.
Andrew Brunette scored two goals, Kyle Brodziak scored the opener and Pierre-Marc Bouchard earned the game winner for Minnesota. Milan Hejduk scored two goals of his own for Colorado, while Chris Stewart also found the twine.
Earlier today, I referred to the Dallas Stars’ decision to quickly yank Andrew Raycroft as “pulling a Jose Theodore” but that was a little unfair. After all, Raycroft has been pulling a Theodore in a different way this season by being a great backup. Theo helped the Wild win by making 38 out of 41 saves in this one. Craig Anderson allowed two more goals after those two quick ones in the first minute of the game.
Minnesota is now in seventh place with 59 points and 27 wins in 51 games played. Colorado is already down to 12th, despite only being three points behind at 56 (with 25 wins in 51 games).
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 6
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 0
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 51
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)