Feb 4, 2011, 9:20 PM EDT
As part of the Lightning’s big push to both change the look of things in Tampa Bay on and off the ice, they’ve reached back into the team’s history to add to their front office. Stanley Cup winning captain Dave Andreychuk and team founder Phil Esposito have been named to different vice president positions with the Lightning. Esposito will be the vice president of corporate relations while Andreychuk gets the curious title of vice president of fans.
Esposito has been a lifetime member of the Lightning having been there since the team was born in 1992. Esposito was the team president and general manager from 1992-1998. Andreychuk was the team’s captain the year the Lightning won the Stanley Cup in 2004. Saying he’s a guy the fans get along well with automatically would be very correct.
Still, we wonder what in the world the vice president of fans will do. Is there a president of fans as well or is that just automatically Steve Stamkos or Martin St. Louis? Our guess is that Andreychuk will continue to do a lot of public appearances and resume getting beers bought for him by thankful Lightning fans. That sounds like a pretty good job actually.
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 0
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 0
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 7
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 60
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 61
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)