Feb 4, 2011, 3:39 PM EDT
Remember that post about the St. Louis Blues getting some injury relief via the return of center Andy McDonald? Well, apparently the hockey universe had to equal things out with another Blues injury, because Jeremy Rutherford reports that Jaroslav Halak won’t play against the Edmonton Oilers tonight.
Halak is listed as day-to-day with an “upper body injury,” which “unconfirmed rumors” indicate might be a hand injury.
It’s unclear how serious the injury might be, but the Blues have a respectable backup in Ty Conklin.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 20
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 26
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 97
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 11
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 18
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)