Feb 4, 2011, 3:39 PM EDT
Remember that post about the St. Louis Blues getting some injury relief via the return of center Andy McDonald? Well, apparently the hockey universe had to equal things out with another Blues injury, because Jeremy Rutherford reports that Jaroslav Halak won’t play against the Edmonton Oilers tonight.
Halak is listed as day-to-day with an “upper body injury,” which “unconfirmed rumors” indicate might be a hand injury.
It’s unclear how serious the injury might be, but the Blues have a respectable backup in Ty Conklin.
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 12
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 8
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 31
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 110
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 37