Feb 4, 2011, 3:39 PM EDT
Remember that post about the St. Louis Blues getting some injury relief via the return of center Andy McDonald? Well, apparently the hockey universe had to equal things out with another Blues injury, because Jeremy Rutherford reports that Jaroslav Halak won’t play against the Edmonton Oilers tonight.
Halak is listed as day-to-day with an “upper body injury,” which “unconfirmed rumors” indicate might be a hand injury.
It’s unclear how serious the injury might be, but the Blues have a respectable backup in Ty Conklin.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)